icon

audiovox as9055t

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
maxamy 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2014 at 5:21 AM / IP Logged  
Audiovox AS9055T clicking seven times when you attempt to start car... does that mean its learning tach rate? Manual says flashing but I don't see a light... Tach wasn't connected...do I need to connect it? I bought it used...I have 2 units so I verified wiring...one works with no changes I simply swapped and that happened...trying to verify function from this one before I install it in another car... My other unit works perfect...
Thanks for any advice...
maxamy 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2014 at 5:22 AM / IP Logged  
My install is in a 2007 f150...
the car I want to install this 9055t in is a 08 mercury sable... still researching that (wiring diagrams and such)
thanks again
lectricguy 
Copper - Posts: 359
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2014 at 6:56 AM / IP Logged  
Seems like you have one unit configured for voltage monitoring or was configured for tach and it went through the learning process and the other unit was configured for monitoring tach and did not go through the learning process. 7 flashes normally means the unit is configured for tach monitoring but the tach signal has not been learned.
You can either hook up the tach wire to your vehicle and go through the tach learning process, or you can configure the unit to voltage monitoring.
Tach is a much more reliable monitoring method overall, but this is up to you.
Here is the link to the install manual for the AS9055T:
http://www.voxxintlcorp.com/docs/common/AS9055A/AS9055A_IM.pdf
Lectric Guy
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 24, 2014 at 8:59 AM / IP Logged  
lectricguy has it right.
On that unit, if you use voltage sensing, also be sure to change to the non-default voltage level. If you leave it in the default, the car will tend to shut off and restart when the AC compressor comes on and off.
My experience with the AS9055T:
1: Voltage sense will work very well. However, pit-stop mode will not operate when in voltage mode. If that's important to you, you'll have to hook up tach.
2: There are a bunch of refurbished 9055s out there with bad antennas. They only work at close range. If yours is used, it should be OK. That being said, after your installation is done, walk away from the car a little bit and make sure it still works.
maxamy 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2014 at 5:23 AM / IP Logged  
How do you reset all the settings to factory default...I can't find that in the manual... Thanks for the input...
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 25, 2014 at 7:22 AM / IP Logged  
Unfortunately, they didn't include an option for that. You have to go through the features one by one and listen for the parking light flashes.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic