2012 camry parking lights w viper 5706v

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
toma123 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2014 at 10:38 AM / IP Logged  
Hi everyone,
I just finished installing a Viper 5706v system for my 2012 Camry, everything are working fine, and while the parking lights are working normally with the headlight switch, or when locking or unlocking with the car's remote, I can't get the Viper 5706v to turn it on.
I set the parking light fuse on the Viper 5706v brain to negative, and connected the white wire on the 6 pin connector from the Viper brain to pin #18 of the car's headlight switch, which is the black wire.
But so far I got no parking lights flash. I can hear the relay clicking when arming or disarming the alarm. Using a multimeter, I can confirm that there are negative pulses from the white wire.
I also tried to manually give negative connection to the car's parking light negative wire at the headlight switch, just to see if that would turn on the parking light, but it didn't either.
Am I missing something? I'm speculating that this particular parking lights operation can't be done with only 1 wire, or maybe the wiring diagram is wrong.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2014 at 12:16 PM / IP Logged  
Where did you get your wiring info from? Camry, Camry Hybrid, Camry Smart Key?
Bulldog list it as White(-) @BECU Pin 30...
...Or Pink(+) pin 5 @ dash fuse box
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation
toma123 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2014 at 1:05 PM / IP Logged  
smokeman1, thanks for replying.
I got the wiring info from multiple sources, including bulldog, they all pointing to the same wire. Which is white or black(-) @BECU Pin 30, or pin 18 at the headlight switch.
I have not try the positive switch wire yet, but I'm not planning to use positive switch.
I heard that the light might work if I turn the headlight switch to off position instead of auto.
Someone also said that using hazard lights will work, but I would hate to open whole center console up to find the hazard wire.
toma123 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 24, 2014 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  
Any idea anyone? 2012 camry parking lights w viper 5706v -- posted image.
metz35 
Copper - Posts: 458
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2014 at 6:11 PM / IP Logged  
My info says the same pin 30 black or white at dash fuse box. But it doesn't mention anything about being at the switch
toma123 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2014 at 6:31 PM / IP Logged  
I check it with a multimeter, it's the same wire running from the headlight switch to the BECU, and connecting a ground connection to that wire doesn't turn on the parking light.
toma123 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2014 at 1:21 AM / IP Logged  
I can confirm that: For this 2012 Camry car, the parking light will only flash when the headlight switch in in the "DRL off" position. >.<
Does anyone away to work around this?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic