the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

tach programming on 4103 modules

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,424
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2014 at 10:32 AM / IP Logged  
Has anyone else had issues with Tach in these new 4103 modules (black button ones)? I've pretty much givin up on using tach on these systems. Ive tried different sources (injector,coil,cam sensor) Every car/truck ive tried programming tach on will either not work at all or will work at time of install then give up a day or 2 later. I used the older ones (green buttons ones) and those would program to anything and work.
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2014 at 6:28 PM / IP Logged  
I just did a 2000 GMC Sierra with the 6.0L V-8 yesterday using the newer style Avital 4103 with the black button remotes.  Used the White Tach wire at the back of the instrument cluster.  Seemed to program fine.  Did about 15 test remote start-ups with no issues.  I will let you know if I get a call in a few days.
Soldering is fun!
chev104275 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2014 at 6:50 PM / IP Logged  
I did a Toyota 4 runner yesterday and did the same thing remote started it a bunch of times no issue. Came into work this morning and she said it wouldn't disengage the starter. Sure enough it wouldn't. tried reprogramming the signal and it wouldn't take so I ran it voltage sense it's working now well see. Tried it on a bunch of kias same result works fine on install day then comes back later with no start issues or starter continues to run. Most of them now I've given up tach and run them voltage no issues so far. But I would much rather run a tach signal .
pentavolvo 
Copper - Posts: 241
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2014 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  
Never had a single issue and install a ton of 4103 and 4113
chev104275 
Posted: November 25, 2014 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged  
Pent how do you program them idle or above ?
pentavolvo 
Copper - Posts: 241
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2014 at 9:02 PM / IP Logged  
I assume you are going into programming and changing from virtual tach to tach?
I always set at idle, with that said I couldn't get it to learn tach on a subaru but wiring info was questionable and I never tested it for actual tach output
chev104275 
Posted: November 26, 2014 at 3:48 AM / IP Logged  
Yea menu 2 option 1 #4. Just never had any luck with it.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic