the12volt.com spacer
icon

Python 5303, 2001 Dodge Intrepid

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sportsfreaked 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2014 at 12:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sportsfreaked
Hello again; I am a newbie and started a new post now that I have decided on a unit. I do have a few questions to make sure I get everything I need for the install.
I have decided to go with the Viper 5303P. I am installing it on a 2001 Dodge Intrepid with out the skim (I have the black key). From what I understand I will need the following:
1 DEI 451M door lock kit. It's my understanding that this comes with resistors BUT does it have the ones I need a 600 ohm and 2700 ohm resistor? Should I buy a 600 ohm resistor and a 2700 ohm resistor?
I am going to use the + wire for the parking lights so I can eliminate a relay.
Is there anything else I need in order to install this unit? Any tips or tricks that I should know about?
Thanks for your time and input it is greatly appreciated! Have a blessed and wonderful holiday season!
ED
As always thanks for the information and help! It's greatly appreciated
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2014 at 5:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

It's actually a 620 ohm resistor for Unlock, but yes, the 451M lit includes both of the needed resistors.

Here is a photo of the listed resistor values included in the 451M kit :

Python 5303, 2001 Dodge Intrepid -- posted image.

Soldering is fun!
sportsfreaked 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2014 at 7:04 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sportsfreaked
Kreg Thanks again for the information. I'm excited to do this project. Hopefully next weekend I can get it done. It should arrive nest Tuesday or Wednesday.
sportsfreaked 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2014 at 10:24 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sportsfreaked
Ok so I do have a question in regards to the door locks. I understand it's a single wire door lock/unlock. With the DEI 451m is it best to tap the single wire twice and then run a wire to the resistor then the other end of the resistor to the 451m wire for unlock and then do the same thing for lock? As always thanks in advance for the knowledge.
Also if I find the wire for + parking lights @kick panel I can just wire directly to that for the parking lights.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2014 at 11:59 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
For the locks with the DEI 451M, just follow the Type H diagram. You can insert the appropriate resistor anywhere in the GREEN/ Black
and Blue/Black output wires. You can also combine them into one wire ( after the added resistors ) and then run just one wire to the
vehicles "one-wire" lock wire.
As for the (+) Parking Lights, just set the Pythons' jumper/fuse to (+) and connect the H1/11 White Parking Light wire to the correct wire in
the DKP.    Parking Lights(+)      BLACK / YELLOW (+)     in driver kick panel
Soldering is fun!
sportsfreaked 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2014 at 1:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sportsfreaked
Kreg once again thanks for the information. With being disabled and all the medication I am on I'm not as sharp as I once was. I like to think out loud and be prepared as I can be. Thanks again for your patience and time. I will let you know how the install goes.
Ed
sportsfreaked 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 28, 2014 at 1:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sportsfreaked
Sorry for the misinformation. It's a Python 5303P not a Viper. I said Viper above so sorry for the miscommunication.
sportsfreaked 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2014 at 10:00 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sportsfreaked
The other question that I have is for the parking lights. In researching this some say DO NOT use the + wire @ kick panel and only use - wire with relay. Others say you can use the + wire. I would like to use the + wire because that will eliminate a resistor and relay.
I'm looking for opinions on this. Again this unit is a Python 5303. Thanks. ED
kreg357 
Posted: November 30, 2014 at 4:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357

I usually go with the (-) Parking Light wire and a 110 ohm resistor through a relay.  I have these nice little +12V mini-relays

that are less that $.60 each ( in qty's of 50 ).  That being said, you try a locate the (+) Parking Light wire in the DKP or with
this info below.  Once you have located the wire & verified it with a DMM, you could take a fused jumper wire ( 5 Amp fuse )
and try it manually.  If all is well, then connect the Python's Parking Light wire ( jumper set to + ).

Parking Lamp (+)       BLACK / YELLOW (+)        AT BODY CONTROL MODULE *

* Body Control Module (BCM) Located Behind Fuse Box.

Soldering is fun!
sportsfreaked 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2014 at 5:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sportsfreaked
Kreg your insight and patience and ability to help others is a true blessing! I can't express enough how much I appreciate your responses to what may seem dumb questions!
In my research to do this project it's my understanding that my car 2001 Intrepid has 2 ignition wires and also 2 accessory wires. Now I don't have the unit yet it should be here Thursday but will I need to run relays for the 2nd ignition and 2nd accessory wire?
I have tried to find a install manual for the Python 5303 but I do not see one on the site. Would an Avital 5303 be the same thing for the most part? As always thanks for the answers.
Ed
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic