icon

viper 571vx problems

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
edgar62902 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2014 at 7:51 PM / IP Logged  
I have a Viper 571vx remote starter installed in my 99 4runner,it has been working perfect for the last 7 years untill last week when i started and after 30 seconds it shut down and wouldn't start with the remote anymore(cranks but doesn't start).after a week playing with it trying to figure the problem out I found out it was in valet mode and took it out of valet mode and it started working good again but this morning i started with the remote and it stopped running after a minute and now it won't start with remote anymore.put it in "valet mode" and it started but only ran for 30 seconds.tried inserting the key and start it with the remote but didn't work.What make it to go in "Valet mode"? i was told the bypass may be the problem but it won't start with the key in the ignition.I looked under the dash and found a wire disconnected(it looks cut) is the violet/white wire i think is the tach wire.having the tach wire disconnected would cause the remote starter not start the car? also if i start the car with the key and press the remote buttons and remove the key it shuts off.any help please it cranks but won't start in valet or no valet mode
edgar62902 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2014 at 3:54 PM / IP Logged  
any ideas guys?
edgar62902 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 11, 2014 at 5:36 PM / IP Logged  
bump
edgar62902 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2014 at 11:22 AM / IP Logged  
nobody?
smokeman1 
Platinum - Posts: 1,588
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2014 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged  
The only thing I can think of is get out the DMM and start checking the wires for proper voltage. Check all of the connections as if you were doing a install.
Bad/loose ground? Antenna go bad? Brain? Would be nice if you had a spare part or two to swap things out with.
Just my thoughts.
When all else fails, Read the Instructions
Support the12volt.com Make a Donation

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic