icon

2003 silverado lt k1500 with valet 561r

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ransdell2 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 12, 2014 at 12:43 PM / IP Logged  
I am installing a Valet 561R with the Xpresskit GMDLBP set to Type 4 in a 2003 Chevy Silverado LT. So far I've had almost zero luck with the installation. All of wires are connected as listed below. I did a lot of searching on the interwebs for information, and used the post at https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=137674 as my primary guidance, the main difference being that the poster used the Avital 4103 and I'm using the Valet 561R. I also found a post on a R/S installation on a 2003-2006 Denali that was similar, but used a different bypass.
This is what's happening when I try to use the remote start:
Door lock /unlock button - the R/S will click once on the first press, then twice on the second. The door locks don't do anything.
* button - nothing at all
Aux button - nothing at all
GMDLBP - programmed to Type 4, flashing four times.
Tach learning - the program button wasn't working, so I cut it off and an shorting the wires together to simulate pressing the button. When I try to learn the tach with the truck running (within 5 seconds of starting), the LED on the Valet will blink about every three seconds for about a minute, then go blank. I thought the GMDLBP would be able to provide tach info from the OBDII wire, but now I'm wondering if I need to connect the Valet's tach input wire (H2/2) to the vehicle's tach wire.
Any suggestions? I'm also starting to wonder if the R/S brain is dead, but the LED light during attempted tach learning makes me think otherwise (but the LED never lights up otherwise). I've spent a lot of time working on this, and am stuck. I have relays available for use, but don't know if or where to use them. Thanks in advance!
W2W connections for 2003 Silverado w/Auto trans using GMDLBP bypass module and Avital 4103 R/S Valet 561R.
Valet 561R
H1/1  LIGHT GREEN/ BLACK  FACTORY ALARM DISARM                    Not Used

H1/2  GREEN / WHITE  FACTORY REARM                                              Not Used

H1/3  YELLOW  (+) IGNITION OUT (TO ALARM)                                    Not Used

H1/4  WHITE/ BLUE  (-) ACTIVATION INPUT                                           Not Used

H1/5 GRAY/BLACK (-) WAIT TO START INPUT      Gray/Black (-)  BCM, brown plug, pin B2 (Using this for (-) parking lights…?)

H1/6 WHITE/ RED (+) ACTIVATION INPUT          Not Used

H1/7  RED / WHITE  CHANNEL 2 (VALIDITY ONLY)                                Not Used

H1/8  BLACK   GROUND
H1/9  WHITE  (+/-) LIGHT FLASH                  Set Jumper to (-)               gray/black (-)  BCM, brown plug, pin B2 Not used?
H2/1  BLACK/ WHITE  (-) NEUTRAL SAFETY SWITCH INPUT               Chassis Ground ( if Auto Trans )

H2/2  VIOLET/WHITE  TACHOMETER INPUT WIRE                              white (ac)  instrument cluster, gray 24 pin plug, pin A5 Not used - Does the GMDLBP get the tach info from the OBDII pin 2?

H2/3  BROWN  (+) BRAKE SWITCH SHUTDOWN WIRE                        white (+)  brake switch                       

H2/4  GRAY  (-) HOOD PINSWITCH SHUTDOWN WIRE                        to 4103 kit supplied hood pin Grounded (haven't run wires through firewall yet)

H2/5  BLUE/WHITE  (-) 200mA 2ND STATUS/REAR DEFOG                 Not Used
4-pin satellite harness diagram

1  BLUE  STATUS OUTPUT                                        GMDLBP Brown wire                     

2  ORANGE  (-) ACCESSORY OUTPUT                    To Pin 85 of external ACC2 Relay - Not Used?

PURPLE  (-) STARTER OUTPUT                            Not Used
PINK  (-) IGNITION OUTPUT                                   Not Used
Heavy gauge relay wiring diagram

1  PINK  (+) (30 AMP) OUTPUT TO IGNITION CIRCUIT           pink (+) @ ignition harness                

2  PURPLE  (+) (30 AMP) OUTPUT TO STARTER                   Yellow (+) @ ignition harness
3  ORANGE  (+) (30 AMP) OUTPUT TO ACCESSORY            Orange (+) @ ignition harness

4  RED  (+) (30A) HIGH CURRENT 12 INPUT                           Red (+) @ ignition harness
5  PINK/WHITE  (+) PROGRAM FOR ACC OR IGN                  White @ ignition harness      Verify 4103 Menu 2, Item
6 to Opt 1
6  RED  (+) (30A) HIGH CURRENT 12V INPUT                        RED / White @ ignition harness
Door lock harness, 3-pin connector

1  BLUE  (-) UNLOCK OUTPUT                           GMDLBP Blue wire

2  EMPTY  NOT USED

3  GREEN  (-) LOCK OUTPUT                             GMDLBP Green wire
None of this was used - Extra 30/40 Amp SPDT relay for ACC2 circuit
Relay Pin 85 to Avital 4103 Orange (-) Accessory Output
Relay Pins 86 and 87 to Silverado RED / White +12V constant @ ignition switch harness with 25 Amp fuse
Relay Pin 30 to Silverado Brown (+) Accessory2 wire @ ignition switch harness
GMDLBP

Brown             to 4103 Blue (-) Status Output

Green             to 4103 Green (-) Lock Output

Blue                to 4103 Blue (-) Unlock Output
Violet/White    H1/1  LIGHT
GREEN/ BLACK  FACTORY ALARM DISARM  
     Note : Connect this wire to disarm wire from remote car starter ONLY if the OEM alarm sounds once 
                when remote starting vehicle…?

Violet             to Silverado Violet wire at Pin 2 of OBD2 plug

Pink/White     Not Used

Pink               Not Used

Orange          Not Used

Red               to 4103 thick Red +12V constant

Black             to 4103 H1/8 Black Chassis Ground
Programming :
The GMDLBP comes set to Type 1 platform.  You must change this to Type 4 for your truck.  See Page 4 of the install
guide for the directions.
1) To change the Vehicle Platform Setting, press and release the program button until the LED flash rate is the same as 
     the TYPE of vehicle required. The number of flashes from the LED confirms the Vehicle Platform Type that has been 
     selected. Ex: 1 flash = TYPE 1, 2 flashes = TYPE 2, and so on...
EX: If TYPE 4 is required: Please note the module is already in Vehicle Platform TYPE 1. Press the programming button 
to advance to the next TYPE selection (3X times in total). The LED will then flash 4 times to confirm TYPE 4 selection.
2) Once Vehicle Platform Type has been selected, press & hold program button until LED blinks once to confirm setting 
    is saved & ready to program to vehicle.
3) Release programming button and the LED will come ON solid.
4) Start the vehicle with the ignition key: The LED will turn off confirming the GMDLBP is programmed to the vehicle.
ransdell2 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2014 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged  
277 views and no replies? Everything I've read says this is a simple truck to do a remote start on. C'mon, somebody help me...
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,424
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2014 at 5:08 AM / IP Logged  
H1/5 isn't used for lights it's used for a diesel wait to start light.
H2/4 can't be grounded the remote start won't work it thinks the hood is open
Did you set the gmdlbp to type 4 ?
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2014 at 7:18 AM / IP Logged  

If you are using what you posted to make your connections, it is very confusing.  Seems to be a collage of several

posts and various R/S and bypass modules.  My guess is that you are using a Valet 561R and the GMDLBP bypass
module on a 2003 Silverado.  The truck is pretty easy to do.  With some basic panel removal, all of the necessary wires
are exposed and very accessible.  I have never used a Valet 561R but here goes anyway.

H1/1 LIGHT GREEN/ BLACK FACTORY ALARM DISARM Might need to connect to GMDLBP Violet/White

H1/2 GREEN / WHITE FACTORY REARM Not Used
H1/3 YELLOW (+) IGNITION OUT (TO ALARM) Not Used
H1/4 WHITE/ BLUE (-) ACTIVATION INPUT         Not Used
H1/5 GRAY/BLACK (-) WAIT TO START INPUT Not Used
H1/6 WHITE/ RED (+) ACTIVATION INPUT          Not Used
H1/7 RED / WHITE CHANNEL 2 (VALIDITY ONLY)           Not Used
H1/8 BLACK GROUND Chassis Ground
H1/9 WHITE (+/-) LIGHT FLASH   ***Set jumper to (-)      Silverado BCM, Brown Plug, Gray/Black wire

1 BLUE STATUS OUTPUT GMDLBP Brown

2 ORANGE ACCESSORY TRIGGER           Extra 30/40 Amp SPDT Relay Pin 85
3 PURPLE STARTER TRIGGER     Not Used
4 PINK IGNITION TRIGGER Not Used

PINK (+) (30 AMP) OUTPUT TO IGNITION CIRCUIT   Silverado Pink @ main ignition harness        

PURPLE (+) (30 AMP) OUTPUT TO STARTER CIRCUIT      Silverado Yellow @ main ignition harness 
ORANGE (+) (30 AMP) OUTPUT TO ACCESSORY CIRCUIT Silverado Orange @ main ignition harness 
RED (+) (30A) HIGH CURRENT 12V INPUT   Silverado Red @ main ignition harness 
PINK/WHITE (+) PROGRAMMABLE OUTPUT   ** Set to IGN Silverado White @ main ignition harness 
RED (+) (30A) HIGH CURRENT 12V INPUT   Silverado RED / White @ main ignition harness 

Door lock harness, 3-pin connector

1  BLUE  (-) UNLOCK OUTPUT GMDLBP Blue wire
2  EMPTY  NOT USED

3  GREEN  (-) LOCK OUTPUT    GMDLBP Green wire

H2/1 BLACK/ WHITE (-) NEUTRAL SAFETY SWITCH        Chassis Ground for Auto Trans

H2/2 VIOLET/WHITE TACHOMETER INPUT WIRE           White (ac)  instrument cluster, gray 24 pin plug, pin A5
H2/3 BROWN (+) BRAKE SWITCH SHUTDOWN WIRE     white (+)  @ brake switch
H2/4 GRAY (-) HOOD PINSWITCH SHUTDOWN WIRE     Hood Pin from kit
H2/5 BLUE/WHITE (-) 200 mA 2ND STATUS/REAR DEFOG          Not Used

Extra 30/40 Amp SPDT Relay for ACC2

Relay Pin 85 to 561R Orange (-) Accessory wire
Relay Pins 86 and 87 to Silverado thick Red +12V @ ignition harness fused at 25 Amps
Relay Pin 30 to Silverado Brown ACC2 wire
Relay Pin 87a not used

GMDLBP       * Set to Type 4

Brown GWR          561R BLUE (-) STATUS OUTPUT
Green        561R Green Lock
Blue           561R Blue Unlock
Violet/White           Possibly 561R H1/1 LIGHT GREEN/ BLACK
Violet         Silverado OBD2 Violet wire
Red           561R thick Red ( either one )
Black         561R H1/8 Black wire

IMPORTANT: DO NOT CONNECT VIOLET DATA OUTPUT WIRE OF INTERFACE MODULE TO VEHICLE DATA WIRE (PIN 2)

UNTIL EVERY OTHER WIRE HAS BEEN CONNECTED & THE HARNESS HAS BEEN PLUGGED INTO THE INTERFACE (DL)
MODULE.

Test all wires with a DMM and solder all connections for a safe and long lasting install.

Soldering is fun!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic