icon

compustar 600s issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
meen95ta 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2014 at 2:53 AM / IP Logged  
I have a 2004 Tahoe, I bought it off a family member and had a shop install a CompStar 600S remote car starter a few years ago. It has the correct Idatalink bypass also. When I bought it, they said the truck would start for a few seconds and shut off 3 times. I read through the instructions, tried to program it with the remote for a different tach sensing option and cannot get to program. I hold the Lock+Star buttons for 2.5 sec to access Menu 2. Then its says press the trunk+star button for 2.5 sec as many times as the number of option you want to select, my case 4. Lights will flash corresponding the option selected. The lights flash once, they flash twice, then it starts over at one flash again? After you select your option it gives you the bottons to press to select the mode. I cant seem to get into tach sensing option. Any ideas?
prdjr165 
Copper - Posts: 293
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2014 at 5:45 AM / IP Logged  
you can try to go back to the factory default setting which the default setting for 2-04 is tachless.Resetting to Factory Defaults: To reset the options in a particular menu group, enter the menu by following STEP 1, then tap the Star button three times. The parking lights will flash after each tap. After the third tap, the option menu will reset and parking lights flash three times. This must also be done for Menu 2.
Troubleshooting
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 14, 2014 at 9:07 AM / IP Logged  
I installed I think just one or two of those as a test. The tachless mode worked very poorly, so I went back to what I usually use.
If you can't get tach to program, I'll be they installed it in tachless mode. Which is why you can't program it, and also why it doesn't work very well.
Hopefully the shop that installed it stands behind their work, and will fix it and make it right. If you go in there and modify the installation, they may not want to warranty it anymore.
On the other hand, if the shop for whatever reason won't fix it, tach is only behind the instrument cluster, very easy to get to.
You'd have to find the main Compustar brain, and most likely the tach wire will have been cut short. Connect a piece of wire to extend it, connect to tach behind the cluster, and program.
The search feature here should show you how to get to the car's tach wire.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic