2008 Audi S3 8P, Clifford 50.7x with CAN1

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stavreas 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2014 at 1:45 PM / IP Logged  
Hello to all.
New member here and i found your site by searching info's about car alarm installations.
I am on the way to install a remote start alarm (Clifford 50.7x) with remote start(556uw immobilizer) and the CAN1 module which is for the VW-AUDI cars on my AUDI S3 8P (EU).
My confusion begins with the connection of the alarm and the CAN1 module.
CAN1 has a ESP connection interface that is used in order to connect a Directed alarm.
What i should do?
1)I connect everything hard wire between CAN1 and Clifford?
or
2)Make the basic connections (+12v ground , CAN-H, CAN-L) from CAN1 and let everything else run through the data bus of ESP connection?
Does anybody know?
Lets say that the solution is the 1st is the above connections between Clifford-Car-CAN1 correct?
2008 Audi S3 8P, Clifford 50.7x with CAN1 - Last Post -- posted image.
CAN1 Wiring's
Clifford Wiring's
If i have done any mistake please correct me because it is my first time doing this and i don't want to make any mistake.
Any help-guide through is always welcome.
Thank you in advance
Stavros
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2014 at 4:14 PM / IP Logged  
The CAN 1 hasn't been in production for about 8 years, you'd be better off getting a DB-ALL2 and having it flashed to your make and model, much simpler, go to Xpresskit Europe and look up year make and model, it will give you choices of DB-ALL2 etc. and a wiring diagram.
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2014 at 4:20 PM / IP Logged  
The point is the DB-ALL will handle door, hood and trunk (hatch) triggers also your indicators and lock unlock.
Come to think of it the CAN-1 was never sold in North America so there's no point in you asking for advice on a US website.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 14, 2014 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  
II believe the CAN1 is the Fortin CAN-SL rebadged. +1 with howie, I would use something new and up to date. Maybe idatalink with DL-VW1 or Xpresskit DBALL2 would be a better choice
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
stavreas 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2014 at 4:16 AM / IP Logged  
I didn't knew that CAN1 module was not sold on North America , so excuse me about that ;)
I am sure that DB-ALL is way better and more up to date from CAN1 but i already have this equipment and i am gonna use this instead of buying something extra.
I managed yesterday to figure out that only 4 wires from CAN1 will be connected directly to the car (RED 12v, Black-Ground, CAN-H and CAN-L) and every other cables will be connect pin-to-pin with the harness of Clifford 50.7x.
For example:
Clifford Harness(H1)  CAN1 Harness(N1)
H1/1(RED / WHT)TRUNK REL OUTPUT 200mA
(This will be connected to N4 harness(N4/1 RED / white) of CAN1 module , but also here a relay is needed?)
H1/2(RED)(+)12V CONSTANT - N1/1(RED) 12V CONSTANT
H1/3(BROWN) (+) SIREN
H1/4 -
H1/5(BLACK) GROUND     - N1/2(BLACK) GROUND
H1/6 -
H1/7(BLUE)TRUNK PIN/INST TRIGGER INPUT- N1/8(BLUE)TRUNK STATUS OUTPUT
H1/8(GREEN)DOOR TRIGGER INPUT      -    N1/7(GREEN)DOOR STATUS OUTPUT
H1/9(BLK/WHT)DOMELIGHT OUTPUT 200mA - N1/5(BLK/WHT)DOMELIGHT INPUT
(i must use a relay here in order to drive the output dome light into the dome light input of the CAN1 or i will connect wire to wire?)
H1/10(WHT/BLUE)REMOTE START ACTIVATION-
H1/11(WHITE)PARKING LIGHTS OUTPUT(-) - N1/3(WHITE)PARK LIGHTS INPUT
H1/12 -
The N1/6(Yellow) (+) Ignition Status Output will be connected to Heavy Gauge H3/1 PINK or it will be disconected?
Clifford Harness(H2)  CAN1 Harness(N3)
H2/1 FACTORY ALARM DISARM OUTPUT (NOT CONNECTED?)
H2/2 FACTORY ALARM ARM OUTPUT (NOT CONNECTED?)
H2/3 AUX1 (NOT CONNECTED)
H2/4 AUX2 (NOT CONNECTED)
H2/5 AUX3 (NOT CONNECTED)
H2/6 200mA 2ND UNLOCK OUTPUT(Driven by relay) - N3/3 DISARM/UNL DOORS
H2/7 DIESEL WAIT TO START (NOT CONNECTED)
H2/8 HORN HONK (NOT CONNECTED)
Now on the next connections that is for door lock-unlock, arm-disarm i have questions.
On AUXILIARY HARNESS N3 Of CAN1 module has the following.
N3/1 GREEN/ BLACK (-) ARM/LOCK INPUT and prompt me to connect this wire to "lock 30 common output" of door lock harness and the "lock 87 normally open input" must be grounded.
Same thing and in the N3/2 BLUE/BLACK DISARM/UNLOCK DRIVERS DOOR INPUT. connect this wire to "unlock 30 common output" of door lock harness and the "unlock 87 normally open input" must be grounded.
I googled this to see what means and i saw that older alarms has onboard relays for door lock-unlock but mines has only 2 cables GREEN (-)LOCK(+)UNLOCK output and BLUE (+)LOCK(-)UNLOCK output.
I assume that i must use relays to drive the GREEN and BLUE cables form Clifford to the GREEN/ BLACK and BLUE BLACK right? Or is not needed to use relays?
Here is the major question about the door lock. What type of Door lock has the Audi in general in newer models? Type D or Type E referring on DEI Door locking systems?
Next N3/4 GREEN / WHITE (-)ARM OUTPUT and N3/5 BLUE WHITE (-) DISARM OUTPUT says to connected to "Arm input" and "Disarm input" if an added security system is istalled (means the factory right?) in order to arm this system (Clifford) when Arm/Lock or Disarm/Unlock is pressed on the original factory remote control.
I understand from what manual says that N3/4 will connect to N3/1 of the same harness and the N3/5 on the N3/2 also in the same harness.i am right?
Excuse me for long post
Stavros :)
howie ll 
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2014 at 8:47 AM / IP Logged  
Type "B" locks but without a DB-ALL you want get deadlocks or window close.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic