2001 dodge ram 2500 diesel door locks

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jsieg 
Member - Posts: 26
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2014 at 10:41 AM / IP Logged  
Hey everyone,
Need a little help on doors locks on my 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel. First let me say that my truck has the keyless entry, factory alarm and the electronic central locking feature with the key in the door locks. Turning the key to lock locks all doors, to unlock once unlocks drivers door and a second turn unlocks the passenger door.
Now that I have that out of the way I have been trying to get my door locks to work with my Autopage RS-1100OLD. Based on the12volt wiring diagrams I found the ORANGE / violet and pink/violet in the kick panels for a 5 wire reverse polarity. I tested the wires to verify and hooked the door lock wires up and nothing, no lock or unlock with the alarm. Yes my alarm outputs are working and the relays are hooked up correctly. I also found on one website that you could possibly use the ORANGE / black and pink/black in the kick panel as a type A door lock. Tested these wires to verify and hooked up the relays accordingly and again no lock or unlock with the alarm. If I cut the ORANGE / violet in the kick panel my door switch will no longer lock the doors but the factory keyless remote still will. I have also tried the 3/5 wire setup with the positive trigger for lock and 5 wire for unlock, again alarm will not lock or unlock the doors.
I have read in some different manufacturers websites that you can find an ORANGE / green and pink/green at the Central Timer Module but I have not tried to use these yet. I have also read on one website that the factory alarm arm/disarm wire (Light GREEN/ orange) will lock and unlock the doors. I have not tried this yet either.
Does anyone have any personal experience with an alarm/remote start on one of these trucks that has the factory keyless, factory alarm and central locking feature on the doors? I don't want to keep cutting and testing wires with no results. I'm sure there is something that I'm missing here. Either wrong wires, wrong location, something. Any help is appreciated.
thanks
tonanzith 
Gold - Posts: 593
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 15, 2014 at 2:19 PM / IP Logged  
Keyless models use positive trigger for lock, and 5-wire for unlock. Can also find wires at the central timer module to the right side of the steering column, lock is ORANGE / green, unlock is pink/green.
I've never had an issue. With these really. But I also mostly use an xko9 module. It gives you door locks factory alarm and door pins.
Gary Sather
jsieg 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2014 at 2:25 PM / IP Logged  
Hey Gary,
thanks for the reply. I did a google search for the module you mentioned but couldn't find anything on it. Can you point me in the right direction?
I checked the "big" 6 or 7 module manufacturers before I started on this project but couldn't find anything available for this truck.
thanks
jsieg 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 15, 2014 at 2:27 PM / IP Logged  
oops, never mind. Found it xk09.
tonanzith 
Gold - Posts: 593
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 15, 2014 at 2:50 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry yes. The xpresskit/directed XK09
Gary Sather
jsieg 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2014 at 1:04 AM / IP Logged  
Okay got the XK09 in but there is one problem. According to the instructions for these trucks I need to hook the green wire to the databus wire in the truck which is supposed to be pin 2 in the ALDL test port.....I have no wire in location 2. So now what? This module won't work without the databus being hooked up. Have you actually installed one of these in a 2001 diesel?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic