icon

ignition is triggered when i use rs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
play shallwe 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2014 at 9:28 AM / IP Logged  
I've got a viper 3002 on a 1993 chevy truck. The alarm has been there a while. Working just fine. No issues. This weekend I came across a universal add on rs110. The color codes are on the black box itself, so I figured, what the heck.
When the alarm is off. Rs works. Press brake pedal it dies. Open hood/tailgate it dies. When the alarm is armed the ignition wire is sensed by alarm and is triggered. When I unplug the alarm ignition wire and have the alarm armed and use rs it works. But leaving ignition wire off vs. Having plugged in and arming alarm u can use key to start. I shouldn't it should trigger alarm. So I need to have my alarm sense ignition.
Should I be using the wire that says ignition on the rs110 hooked up to the yellow wire on my alarm and use a relay from one of the negative outputs from rs110 to go to my ignition switch? I'm lost here.
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 641
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2014 at 10:26 AM / IP Logged  
play shallwe wrote:
Should I be using the wire that says ignition on the rs110 hooked up to the yellow wire on my alarm and
Yes.
I'm not familiar with the details of the "110", but many add-on RS have a wire that is connected to pin 87a of the IGN relay in the relay stack for the RS. When the RS is activated, the relay opens this wire, there is no voltage on it for the duration of the RS event. At all other times, it has voltage on it whenever the key is ON.
To be clear, there should be two types of "ignition" wires. One (or two) heavy gauge that powers the ignition circuit. And another lighter gauge wire that will be called out "Ignition to alarm", or something like that. In DEI systems, this wire is yellow.
There shouldn't need to be any additional relays involved. Try it first with a direct hook up. Test the 110's IGN wire. +12v with key on, and 0v with RS activated. If = yes, attach your alarm's yellow wire IGN input to the 110's alarm-IGN wire and give it a go. It should work.
play shallwe 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2014 at 11:10 AM / IP Logged  
5 heavy g.wires
1. Ground
2 access.output
3. Ign#1 out
4. Starter#1 out
5. 12v. Cons.input
And then I have 2 others smaller gauge.
1. Ign#2 out -
2. Starter#2 out -
These two become active before the rs is turned on. And remain on throughout rs cycle.
play shallwe 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2014 at 11:14 AM / IP Logged  
Both the Ign#2 n star#2 are negative. But only active when rs is initialiced.
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 641
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2014 at 11:34 AM / IP Logged  
play shallwe wrote:
Both the Ign#2 n star#2 are negative. But only active when rs is initialiced.
Then you were right all along, and I am wrong. You need a relay to interrupt the yellow wire to the alarm. Use the IGN 2 to 85 and 86 to +12V.
play shallwe 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2014 at 12:47 PM / IP Logged  
Wait wait wait n nah I don't get I'm still lost.
leave both the rs ign#1 and alarm ign. Wire to key switch Ign. Like i have now.
Take the ign#2 to pin 85. 12v to pin 86.
How do i interrupt? What goes to pin 87 and 30. I'm not sure still
play shallwe 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2014 at 1:09 PM / IP Logged  
Ign#2 negative when rs on to 85
12v to 86
Cut Yellow wire from alarm.
place in 87a going to key side ign.
take alarm side yellow to 30.
play shallwe 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2014 at 2:18 PM / IP Logged  
1. Thank you for just an awesome forum.
2. Thank you for a great community.
3. Thank you Davep.
Tested and tested and working flawlessly.
I arm alarm and try to use key alarm triggers . I arm alarm and activate remote start relay kicks in mutes ign. Bypasses sensors 1 2 4 7 but leaves
3 6 active. 5 is temporaily timed out for its cycle or until brakes are tapped. No more cold mornings. Next window roll updown. Any recommendations on a module?
What I did pin 85 to ground when rs activated. Pin 85 tied into 86 and 30 and from 30 to my ignition wire on key switch. 87a to alarm ign. Yellow wire. And also a diode between 85 and 86. Basically while the rs is not activated 87a and 30 see each other and trigger alarm like it should.
play shallwe 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2014 at 2:18 PM / IP Logged  
1. Thank you for just an awesome forum.
2. Thank you for a great community.
3. Thank you Davep.
Tested and tested and working flawlessly.
I arm alarm and try to use key alarm triggers . I arm alarm and activate remote start relay kicks in mutes ign. Bypasses sensors 1 2 4 7 but leaves
3 6 active. 5 is temporaily timed out for its cycle or until brakes are tapped. No more cold mornings. Next window roll updown. Any recommendations on a module?
What I did pin 85 to ground when rs activated. Pin 85 tied into 86 and 30 and from 30 to my ignition wire on key switch. 87a to alarm ign. Yellow wire. And also a diode between 85 and 86. Basically while the rs is not activated 87a and 30 see each other and trigger alarm like it should.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic