icon

2007 rx350 factory alarm kicks in upon rs

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ptscon 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2014 at 11:51 AM / IP Logged  
Ahh thought I was done with this but silly me didn't think to test the remote start with the doors locked while I had everything taken apart.
My 2007 RX350 factory alarm kicks in if I remote start it while locked. I see info that previous generation (04) you could pulse the keysense wire which would disarm the factory alarm without unlocking. Does anyone know if this is still valid for 2007 ?
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,419
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2014 at 12:07 PM / IP Logged  
I've never done one of those trucks but according to my info it says to use keysense to disarm the alarm without unlocking the doors
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
ptscon 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2014 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged  
OK cool I'll give it a shot. It would be nicer if the Fortin EVO-ALL did this on it's own, it's hooked up to keysense already.
I'm guessing I should trigger door lock, to re-arm, if remote start is interrupted or times out. I think my starter module has output for this scenario.
ptscon 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2014 at 8:16 PM / IP Logged  
Shoot no luck, pulsing keysense before start does not disarm factory alarm. I tried sending the longest pulse my r/s would do which is 800ms.
Maybe it needs it during crank and not before. Anyone have any experience with this?
Thanks
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2014 at 8:46 PM / IP Logged  

Are you sure you have the correct Keysense wire?  The EVO-ALL's connection to the Keysense wire should do this for you.

Here is the Ready Remote info on the keysense wire :
Keysense      Black (-)    @ key switch ( Next to the WHITE/ Black wire ) or Body ECU, 26 pin plug, pin 21

Some vehicles it is in a  two pin plug.  To test this wire, set your DMM to 20V DC.  Connect your DMM's Red test lead to +12V

constant and the Black test lead to the suspect wire.  When you insert the key the DMM should go to +12V.

After you have identified and tested the correct Keysense wire, try this test.  Sit in the vehicle and set the Factory Alarm.

There should be a "security" light on the dash that blinks to signify the alarm is set.  Insert a key into the ignition switch, the
security light should stop flashing.   Set the alarm again and briefly touch a jumper wire with chassis ground on one side
to the Keysense wire.  The security light should stop flashing.  If all that is OK, then the EVO-ALL should also send a chassis
ground out it's wire to the Keysense wire during a remote start ( GWR active ).

Soldering is fun!
ptscon 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2014 at 10:14 AM / IP Logged  
Just did a test, the wire I'm using is a thin gauge black wire on a 4-pin plug with two WHITE/ black and one green wires.
It energizes when key is inserted, which triggers steering wheel memory movement and security light stops.
If I manually ground this wire without a key it energizes and triggers steering wheel movement but does NOT stop the security light.
This wire sure acts like keysense except for the security part. Maybe security part is also dependant on the key transponder data.
Here is a picture of what I'm using
2007 rx350 factory alarm kicks in upon rs -- posted image.
ptscon 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2014 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged  
If I manually ground the, what I believe is, keysense wire the alarm doesn't get triggered.
If I leave it only connected to fortin evo-all WHITE/ black the alarm turns on.
As far as I can see evo-all is connected correctly, it programmed fine and starts the car.
I also have "Pulsed Ground Output Before Start" connected from r/s to the keysense wire. But this was done after I noticed the alarm going off, so it was still not right with only the evo-all connected to keysense.
Bnluis 
Silver - Posts: 578
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2014 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged  
keysense wire need to be connected to status output of the remote start, do not use the disarm wire of you remote start as that is a pulse trigger .if you just trigger that wire the alarm will go offf, it needs to be a constant output before ignition ,
Luis
Sound Waves
Is up to the installer to test all wires with a DMM whenever possible.
ptscon 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2014 at 6:04 PM / IP Logged  
Keysense is a simple ground when the key is in the cylinder, couldn't I just hook this up to r/s accessory output?
The only other option is unlock before and lock after start setting on the r/s.
ptscon 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2014 at 6:51 PM / IP Logged  
OK I think I figured this out.
My r/s has the option to "unlock before start and lock after" option. Thought this would physically unlock the car before start and then re-lock it afterwards which I didn't really like.
Gave it a try and it stopped the alarm but I noticed it wasn't locking after start. Switched it to "unlock before start" and it starts up without alarm and without physically unlocking the door.
So simple.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic