the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

viper 4706v & flcan bypass remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2015 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged  
the FLC is the same as the DBI firmware. are you locking the bypass in data mode? plugging in the data cable, then press and hold the programming button.
verify your SIL connection is done correctly as well (plug vs car side)
whats the led status during the start cycle?
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
gojaly 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2015 at 6:02 PM / IP Logged  
Yes, the bypass gives one flash and then I hold the program button until it turns solid. Also, the key programs fine; at least the LED is red for a while then turns to solid green for 2 seconds and then goes off. During the start cycle the LED on bypass does not come on.
The SIL connection is the one I am least confident about. If you download the install guide for this module (whether ADS or FLC) you will see that it says the SIL wire is white in position 10 on a 12 pin connector. This simply cannot be. The only 12 pin connector next to drivers fuse box has a white wire but it is in position 2 with the way they tell you to hold the connector. Position 12 has a black heavier gauge wire in it. So which do I use? The white wire or the wire in position 12? I used the white wire in position 2 for my connection, I have not got any errors from the van.
Well! Hello there. Can you help me? Hey, don't just walk away.
gojaly 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2015 at 6:03 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry, I meant to say: So which wire do I use? The white wire or the wire in position 10?
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2015 at 8:07 PM / IP Logged  
you have the wrong wire then. This wire is at the TPMS module. Looking straight ahead towards the front of the car, the fusebox will be to the left. RIght of the fusebox is a black box with a single white 12 pin connector. Bottom row pin 3 from the left (wire side)
Ted
Compustar Expert
tedmond 
Posted: January 27, 2015 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged  
you have the wrong wire then. This wire is at the TPMS module. Looking straight ahead towards the front of the car, the fusebox will be to the left. Beside the fusebox is a black box with a single white 12 pin connector. It will be pointed towards you. Bottom row pin 3 from the left (wire side)
Ted
Compustar Expert
gojaly 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2015 at 11:42 AM / IP Logged  
You were right tedmond, I had the wrong wire and wrong 12 pin plug. I found the TPMS module finally and the right white wire in position 10. I got it connected up and the other wire repaired. But it still does not work without the key.I don't know how I could have been so stupid, I thought I had tested each wire before making connections even the data wires to make sure there was no current. But the wire I was connected to had 12 volts when using the hazards. I thought my wife recently told me that the hazards did not work but I forgot to look into it. I checked all my other connections again and they seem right. So if you try sending 12 volts through the bypass module on the SIL wire does that fry the module? Because remote start still only works with key in ignition, otherwise it just cranks.
tedmond 
Posted: January 28, 2015 at 12:46 PM / IP Logged  
Just for curiosity sake report back 4 things:
1) Looking at the key shank towards the key head, do you see a Dot or G?
2) start the car with the key, press start on the remote which enters the car into PIT stop mode. Remote the key and does the car stay running?
3) looking at the bypass module, does the flcan flash green or flash any colour for that matter?
4) look at your data cable, are all 4 pins intact on each end?
Ted
Compustar Expert
gojaly 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2015 at 1:45 PM / IP Logged  
The key has a G on it and it's black.
Pit Stop mode works. I can start it and remove the key and it keeps running.
I don't see any flashing lights on flcan at anytime. The only time it flashed was during D2D-W2W selection and key programming.
I can't see anything wrong with the pins on the data cable.
tedmond 
Posted: January 28, 2015 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged  
tap into the blue wire on the d2d cable, temporarily ground that wire then activate remote start. does it start?
Ted
Compustar Expert
gojaly 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2015 at 5:49 PM / IP Logged  
If I ground the blue wire in the D2D wire it does the same thing, it starts only with key in ignition.
But now the LCD remote tells me there is a door ajar every time I try to lock the doors, even though all doors are shut and I have removed the temporary ground. The OEM remotes work still normally though. If I leave a door open the OEM remote will not lock the doors, but if I shut the door it locks.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic