the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

viper 4706v & flcan bypass remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2015 at 6:03 PM / IP Logged  
after redoing your SIL connection did you reprogram the module?
the oem locks not working while the door open is normal.
I'm surprised you have so many problems with this vehicle. These usually get done under an hour with the bypass module.
Reset the viper while you're at it. Disconnect power wait 2 minutes and plug it back in.
At this stage, after a reprogram if it does not work, Remove the FLCAN, flash it with FLC-ADS(DL)-TL4. Wire it according to the guide #10 and that should work for you.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
gojaly 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2015 at 9:46 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah I sure wish I didn't have such problems with it. I'll admit I am not the most qualified but I have done other brands of remote start.
I disconnected the (-) battery cable for a couple minutes, I reflashed the bypass with ADS-AL(DL)-TL5, I checked some of my settings, specifically the transmission mode on viper, I reprogrammed the tach, and it still only cranks unless key is in ignition. The problem with it saying that door was ajar when locking after grounding that blue wire is gone now after resetting Viper.
Question 1: How come I get no LED light when trying remote start? The install manual for this firmware says it should have a flashing green light during remote start. I think you asked this question earlier and that's maybe what you were trying to correct with grounding the blue wire. According to the manual if the LED does not do anything during remote start there is a invalid ground when running status from starter.
Question 2: Where do I find this FLC-ADS(DL)-TL4 firmware and the guide? Flashlogic's website basically gives me three options for my bypass and vehicle combo: ADS-AL(DL)-TL5 or FlC-AL(DL)-TL5 or hardwire mode.
Well! Hello there. Can you help me? Hey, don't just walk away.
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2015 at 10:05 AM / IP Logged  
1) as we discussed before there should be led activity, but since you have d2d issues i suggested that you force it to turn on by grounding the blue.
2) before you start flashing tl-4, Personally this is what i would do as far as diagnostics.
you have two options now since you have major d2d communication issues.
1) Check and verify you have ignition going to the bypass module(if not correct this) try remote starting if it does not work then continue to the next step.
2) Keep everything the way it is, lock the bypass in hardwire mode manually ground the blue wire again and activate the remote start. does the car start? If yes you are better off re wiring it for a w2w installation
3) if #2 does not work, you have a firmware problem. Follow type 10 install.
http://cdncontent2.idatalink.com/corporate/Content/Manuals/DL-TL4/FLC-AL(DL)-TL4-EN_20140328.pdf
when on the flashlogic page, instead of "FLASH BY VEHICLE" look for "FLASH BY FIRMWARE" select DL-TL4
Ted
Compustar Expert
gojaly 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: January 29, 2015 at 10:43 AM / IP Logged  
Since I last posted I tried reflashing the module to FLC-AL(DL)-TL5 to try it again even though I didn't think we had done anything important since I tried it last(See post on 27th at 2:02 PM), ever since then I had been using ADS-AL(DL)-TL5. I had been unplugging the D2D cable from the bypass module every time I reflashed it but this last time I unplugged the cable from the Viper.
AND NOW IT WORKS! YAHOO! ;O
I am not sure, was it the software or was the cable only halfway plugged in? I don't know.
Thanks Tedmond, I appreciate your help!
Well! Hello there. Can you help me? Hey, don't just walk away.
tedmond 
Posted: January 29, 2015 at 1:08 PM / IP Logged  
maybe it was a bad d2d cable that wasnt seated properly, but glad to know its working correctly.
Ted
Compustar Expert
Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic