09 gmc sierra remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rickmeima 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2014 at 5:24 PM / IP Logged  
Hey everyone,
so this will be my first "complicated" remote start installation that ill be doing. So far i think ive found all the wires i need.
What we have:
Prostart CT3271
Xpresskit TBXKEY
Ive done multiple remote start installation on older vehicles which are simply to do. But this whole passkey 3 is confusing me.
Is there some sort of wiring diagram on how to hookup the xpresskit to the remote start module? and on my wiring diagram i have from prostart it says the start needs a resistor?
I just dont wnat to start soldering wires an d have the truck no start so i wanna make sure we know what were doing before we do it.
Thanks for your help
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,424
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2014 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged  
You would be much better getting rid of the tbxkey and getting something from idatalink , fortin. I'm partial to idata myself. It will save you from the mess of using resistors and it gives you allot of other features. Check out idatalink .com or fortin.ca for some options
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
rickmeima 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2014 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  
Man if I only would've know about this stuff. I'm hoping to expand my business into installing remote starts. I guess this is what every installer uses to speed things up on new vehicles?
rickmeima 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2014 at 6:46 PM / IP Logged  
Okay so since we don't have these. Can we make use of the Xpresskit? I have resistors handy. Shouldn't I be able to just hook up all the wires following the diagram provided by prostart? The only wire i wasn't sure about is the starter wire on the ignition harness.. since the wiring diagram say it has a resistor. I read somewhere it only needs 4 volts not 12? Not sure if that is true
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,424
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2014 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged  
http://www.sonicownersforum.com/forum/interior-ice-discussion/9155-sonic-vehicle-wiring-locations-sizes.html
I don't have the tech documents on my phone but there on the page above last picture #1605.   You can bury spare key in the tbx and use the tech doc to take care of the rest.
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
shark mobile 
Copper - Posts: 83
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2014 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged  
12 Volts RED / black (60A), RED / black (60A) + dash fuse box, black 40 pin plug, pins E3 and F1
Second 12 Volts RED / white (x4) (15A each) + BCM, black plug, pins 1, 2, 3, and 4
The BCM (Body Control Module) is under the driver dash, to the left of the steering column.
!!! NO NEED TO HOOK UP - Starter purple (for starter kill only) + starter or underhood fuse box, black 50 pin plug, pin F1
Second Starter pink/black or pink (resistor code), white (5V ref) +9.6K ohms ignition switch or BCM, lt. green plug, pins 2 and 4
The BCM (Body Control Module) is under the driver dash, to the left of the steering column. If interface module is not available, see Tech Doc 1605.
Ignition pink + ignition switch or BCM, lt. green plug, pin 14
The BCM (Body Control Module) is under the driver dash, to the left of the steering column.
Second Ignition N/A   
Third Ignition N/A

Accessory brown or yellow + ignition switch or BCM, lt. green plug, pin 21
This is by most installers standards a very simple install and I would encourage you to look at using data modules for future installs of this nature. If you search the sight you can see the various key wrap procedures used...I prefer to use a relay with the ground out while running..Good luck.
Solder, tape, repeat!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic