the12volt.com spacer
icon

2013 hyundai genesis coupe

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jdkid02 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2014 at 3:24 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jdkid02
Trying to get any and all wiring info for a 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T Base model. This is the model without the smart key, just very basic remote door lock and unlock key. Also any and all modules are relays required for a Viper 5906 or 5904 R/S install with a smartstart module also. Thank You.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2014 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Go to Xpresskit, enter your year and model, if there's a DB-AL2 solution, it will save lots of time trouble and wiring.
jdkid02 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2014 at 5:49 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jdkid02
I did and unfortunately the only thing they list for a 2013 Genesis Coupe is for the smart key model. Mine is a base model with no push button start or smart key, and I believe I read somewhere but can't recall where that there isn't even an immobilizer on the models without the smart key. But I want to verify that and also if anything else is needed before i even begin to layout everything.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2014 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote howie ll
Sorry, vehicle isn't sold in Europe so I can't help more.
Suggestion, test the wires at the ignition switch then try to hot wire it with the ignition key well away from the car. If it starts and runs no immobiliser.
auto enhancers 
Copper - Posts: 203
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 30, 2014 at 4:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote auto enhancers
to test if it has an immobilizer wrap the head of the key with tin foil. start car. if it starts no immobilizer if it doesn't then no immobilizer.
jdkid02 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2014 at 10:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jdkid02
Very smart, I didn't even think of that one. How sometimes we always forget the simple things. Anyways as I thought only the smart-key models got an immobilizer. My base model (regular key) has no immobilizer at all on it, so I guess that will make it much easier to install an alarm and remote start. Are there any modules or items that need to be purchased than if there is no immobilizer?
hectorpr23 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 04, 2015 at 10:09 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote hectorpr23
jdkid02 wrote:
Are there any modules or items that need to be purchased then if there is no immobilizer?
I am too interested to know that ^^^^^^
help please !!!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic