icon

remote start, 2002 chevrolet impala

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rgviewer 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2014 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged  
I am looking at a Excalibur RS450EDP+ Keyless Entry and Remote Start with 1 Mile Range. My question is can I use a Fortin INT-SL+ bypass module and still be able to use the data to data as I want to have it control door locks and trunk, or would I be better to buy a Omegalink. I am looking for something that will make the instal easier than having to make all the connections like door locks and trunk release.
Also does the Fortin INT-SL+ need to have firmware flashed. I plan to put into a 2002 Chevrolet Impala and this is the bypass module that was in the pictorial section on this site for my car. Just want to make sure it is compatible with the remote start I choose.
Thanks
rgviewer 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2015 at 9:31 AM / IP Logged  
I am installing a remote starter RS-450-EDP up to an Idatalink bypass using the Idatalink install guide, it shows connecting the lock (-) output(green wire) from the 3pin connecter on remote start to Idatalink lock/arm (-) input (GREEN/ black wire). My question is do I also hook up the OEM alarm arm (-) output (GREEN/ red) wire from the 14 wire harness from remote starter also to the same (-) input (GREEN/ black wire) on the Idatalink.
On the install guide for Idatalink it calls for an ignition (+) output from remote start to Pink ignition (+) input on Idatalink. Do I tie into the pink ignition #1 (+) input/output wire off the 6 pin power harness or do I have to use blue wire on 3 pin sat relay port and reverse polarity.    
Also can anyone tell me if I need the remote start activation (-) input (WHITE/ blue wire) on remote starter hooked up. The install guide says CONNECTION: Connect this wire to any device that you desire to activate the remote start feature. It requires a negative pulse input. I assume this is if you are planning on using an oem keyless entry fob. I plan on using just the Excalibur remote key fob.
Idatalink install guide
http://cdncontent2.idatalink.com/corporate/Content/Manuals/DL-GM1/ADS-AL(DL)-GM1_20111004.pdf
Remote starter install guide
http://www.caralarm.com/manuals-install/Excalibur/RS-350%20&%20450-EDP%20PLUS.pdf
Thank you for any help
rgviewer 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2015 at 9:43 AM / IP Logged  
Can anyone answer a couple of questions on this remote starter install I am doing. I have a 2002 Chevy Impala and a Idatalink bypass with a Excalibur remote starter.
When wiring the RS-450-EDP up to the Idatalink bypass using the Idatalink install guide, it shows connecting the lock (-) output(green wire) from the 3pin connecter on remote start to Idatalink lock/arm (-) input (GREEN/ black wire). My question is do I also hook up the OEM alarm arm (-) output (GREEN/ red) wire from the 14 wire harness from remote starter also to the same (-) input (GREEN/ black wire) on the Idatalink.
On the install guide for Idatalink it calls for an ignition (+) output from remote start to Pink ignition (+) input on Idatalink. Do I tie into the pink ignition #1 (+) input/output wire off the 6 pin power harness or do I have to use blue wire on 3 pin sat relay port and reverse polarity.    
Also can anyone tell me if I need the remote start activation (-) input (WHITE/ blue wire) on remote starter hooked up. The install guide says CONNECTION: Connect this wire to any device that you desire to activate the remote start feature. It requires a negative pulse input. I assume this is if you are planning on using an oem keyless entry fob. I plan on using just the Excalibur remote key fob.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
idatalink install guide:
http://cdncontent2.idatalink.com/corporate/Content/Manuals/DL-GM1/ADS-AL(DL)-GM1_20111004.pdf
remote starter install guide:
http://www.caralarm.com/manuals-install/Excalibur/RS-350%20&%20450-EDP%20PLUS.pdf
Thanks
rgviewer 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2015 at 1:41 AM / IP Logged  
I got a excalibur RS-450-EDP+ remote starter and a idatalink ADS-AL(DL)-GM1 it is going in 2002 Chevy Impala. I think I have all wiring ready to go just wish someone could look it over and give fix anything before I wire up in car.
The one thing I don't know about is from the guide from Idatalink it shows IGNITION (+) OUTPUT from remote starter to idatalink PINK IGITION (+) INPUT. Do I tie into the large ignition #1 wire from the 6 pin harness or is there another wire I use for this.
remote start, 2002 chevrolet impala -- posted image.
Here is what I have planned for my wiring.
6 Pin Main Wire Harness
     Red wire ((+) (30A) High Current 12v) connected to Red wire @ ignition
RED / White Wire ((+) (30A) High Current 12v) connected to Red wire @ ignition
     Pink Wire - Ignition #1 (+) Input connected to pink wire @ ignition
     Orange Wire - Accessory (+) Output connected to orange wire @ ignition
     Violet Wire - Start (+) Output connected to yellow wire @ ignition
     Pink/White Wire - Ign#2 connected to green wire @ ignition
14 pin harness
     Black Wire - System Ground (-) Input connected to ground bolt
     Orange Wire - Status /Anti-grind (-) Output      Do not use
     BROWN / Red Wire - Brake Pedal (+) Input connected to white wire at brake pedal
     BLACK/ White Wire - Neutral Safety (-) connect to ground
     Violet/White Wire - Tach Signal connected to PURPLE / white on Idatalink
     Brown Wire - Horn (-) Output connect to black wire left of steering column
     White Wire - Flashing Light (+) Do not use
     WHITE/ Black Wire - Flashing Light (-) connect to Lt.blue at back of switch
     Gray Wire - Hood Trigger (-) connect to hood pin
     Yellow - Alarm Ignition Control (+) Do not use
     WHITE/ Blue Wire - Remote Start Activation (-)      Do not use
     Lt. GREEN/ Red Wire - OEM Alarm Arm (-) Do not use
     Lt. GREEN/ Black Wire - OEM Alarm Disarm (-)     Do not use
     RED / White Wire - Trunk Release connect to Idatalink RED / white wire
3 pin satellite relay harness
     Green Wire - Start (-) output   Do not use
     Red Wire - Constant (+) Output   Do not use
     Blue Wire - Ignition (-) Output connect to Idatalink GWR (-) INPUT – blue/white wire
Thank you
rgviewer 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2015 at 2:01 AM / IP Logged  
Also I did connect the 3 Pin Door Lock/Unlock harness to the Idatalink bypass.
Green Wire - Lock (-) to idatalink LOCK/ARM (-) INPUT - GREEN/ BLACK
Center pin (empty) - Constant (+) Output Not used
Blue Wire - Unlock (-) connected to idatalink UNLOCK/DISARM (-) INPUT - BLUE/BLACK
Thanks
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2015 at 6:06 AM / IP Logged  

"The one thing I don't know about is from the guide from Idatalink it shows IGNITION (+) OUTPUT from remote starter to

idatalink PINK IGITION (+) INPUT. Do I tie into the large ignition #1 wire from the 6 pin harness or is there another wire I
use for this.
"

You can just connect the iDatalink Pink IGN input wire to the RS-450 thick Pink IGN wire at the 6 Pin Main Harness.  This

thick Pink wire continues to the Impala's IGN wire for the connection. 

There are two Red +12V Constant wires in the ignition switch harness, so split the R/S load between the available

power wires.

3 pin satellite relay harness

Green Wire - Start (-) output   Do not use
     Red Wire - Constant (+) Output   Do not use
  ** to iDatalink Red +12V input
     Blue Wire - Ignition (-) Output connect to Idatalink GWR (-) INPUT – blue/white wire    ***  Blue wire default is (-) Status
Looks like you are going W2W.  You mentioned connecting the iDatalink GWR wire so I'm sure you also connected the
Red to +12V constant and the Black to Chassis Ground in that same plug.  Remember to set the iDatalink Installation
Mode to Standard ( 2 blink pattern ) and lock it in prior to vehicle programming.  Everything else looks good.

Here is a link to a Pictorial on that vehicle:  https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=131509

Lastly, as always, there is some debate whether the Brown ACC2 wire is needed during remote start.   I always power

it, so I'm not sure what happens if you don't.  Here are some notes on the Brown ACC2 wire :
From ReadyRemote ( DEI )
Second Accessory    Brown (power as accessory, or car will not crank)  (+)    @ ignition harness
From Omega
Accessory     BROWN    @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS **
** BROWN Must Be Power As Accessory to Prevent Check Engine or Air Bag Light

Soldering is fun!
rgviewer 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2015 at 11:51 AM / IP Logged  
kreg357
"Blue Wire - Ignition (-) Output connect to Idatalink GWR (-) INPUT – blue/white wire    *** Blue wire default is (-) Status"
I just want to make sure I understand you on this. Do I connect the blue/white wire from Idatalink GWR (-) input to the 3 pin satellite relay harness (Blue wire) or to the 14 pin harness (white blue wire)?
Here are the descriptions from RS install guide
3 pin harness:
(Blue Wire) - Ignition (-) Output
This provides a 250mA negative output that mimics the large PINK ignition wire’s
operation. However, it’s operation is programmable. See installer feature #6 for other
options.
CONNECTION: This is typically used to activate immobilizer bypass modules. Connect
it directly to the module’s activation input.
14 pin harness
(WHITE/ Blue Wire) - Remote Start Activation (-) Input
This input will activate the system’s remote start function when it receives a negative
pulse. Another pulse during remote start operation will turn off the remote start.
CONNECTION: Connect this wire to any device that you desire to activate the
remote start feature. It requires a negative pulse input.
rgviewer 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2015 at 12:01 PM / IP Logged  
"Lastly, as always, there is some debate whether the Brown ACC2 wire is needed during remote start.   I always power
it, so I'm not sure what happens if you don't. Here are some notes on the Brown ACC2 wire :
From ReadyRemote ( DEI )
Second Accessory    Brown (power as accessory, or car will not crank) (+)    @ ignition harness
From Omega
Accessory     BROWN    @ IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS **
** BROWN Must Be Power As Accessory to Prevent Check Engine or Air Bag Light"
Im sorry, if I can ask one more question. I saw the post you linked and that says "Most R/S units are capable of powering
4 of these 5 ignition wires, so an extra relay w/fuse might be required" for the brown accessory wire must be power. How would I wire up that relay?
Thanks for all your help
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 09, 2015 at 12:19 PM / IP Logged  

For the iDatalink's (-) GWR Input you want a R/S output wire that provides a (-) output just slightly before the R/S

system starts to turn on the ignition wires.  The RS450 EDP+ install guide I found,
( http://www.wiresheet.com/v2/install_guides/Excalibur/RS-450-EDP%20PLUS.pdf ), had this label on that Blue wire :
Status (-) Programmable Output - BLUE      and this Installer Feature Programming information :
6    Sat. Port Blue Wire Function Status    Ignition       Going by this info, it looks like the default is Status
and the correct type of signal to be used by the iDatalink module as its' GWR input.  The other possibility for the GWR
wire is the Orange wire on the 14 Pin harness labeled "Status / Anti-grind (-) Output".

The other wire you mentioned, (WHITE/ Blue Wire) - Remote Start Activation (-) Input is a R/S input signal.  It is used to

initiate a R/S.  A single or series of (-) inputs on this wire will kick-off a remote start.  The install guide is not very
informative about this wire or the actual number is (-) inputs it needs.  It might be programmable with Installer Feature 1
to 1, 2, 3 or 4 pulses.    I don't use Omega R/S systems so I can't be 100% positive.

Soldering is fun!
kreg357 
Posted: January 09, 2015 at 12:37 PM / IP Logged  

Ah, the Brown ACC2 wire.   I was afraid you'd ask that question.  Some R/S systems make adding additional ignition

outputs easy.  Your RS-430-EDP+ doesn't make adding an Accessory type wire easy.  Keeping the present wiring,
here is how to do it ( there are other ways but wiring changes would be necessary ) :

1. Obtain a 30/40 Amp SPDT relay wire 5 pin harness

2. Obtain an in-fuse holder with 25 Amp fuse
3. Obtain a 1N4007diode
4. Program the RS-450-EDP+ Installer Feature 5 to Status
5. Wire-up the relay as follows :
Relay Pin 85 to RS-450-EDP+ Sat. Port Green wire
Relay Pin 86 to RS-450-EDP+ 6 Pin thick Orange wire ( thick Orange wire still goes to vehicle Orange @ ign harness )
Relay Pin 87 to vehicle Red +12V constant @ ign harness through 25 amp fuse
Relay Pin 30 to vehicle Brown ACC2 wire @ ign harness

Install the 1N4007 diode across the relays' coil.  Specifically, Pin 85 to Pin 86, with the band towards Pin 86.

You will need to put a DMM on the relays Pin 30 output wire during a remote start-up and verify proper operation.

Soldering is fun!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic