Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
newbieve6 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2015 at 6:53 PM / IP Logged  
Hi,
Was look at CM7200 brain with weblink. There is an option menu for
unlock pulse duration setting starting from 0.8 seconds which is default. Just curious. Does this pulse duration matter? What is typical
setting for reliable remote door unlock/lock operation? Anyone knows?
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 16, 2015 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged  
0.8 works perfectly fine for all cars. For those that use 2 pulsse to unlock (not to confuse with double pulse unlock) First lock unlocks the driver door, second pulse does passenger doors (toyota and lexus) 0.4s is better.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2015 at 1:46 AM / IP Logged  
My default is 0.4, works better on Euros.
newbieve6 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2015 at 10:31 PM / IP Logged  
tedmond wrote:
0.8 works perfectly fine for all cars. For those that use 2 pulsse to unlock (not to confuse with double pulse unlock) First lock unlocks the driver door, second pulse does passenger doors (toyota and lexus) 0.4s is better.
Hi,
Is there a way to change the duration manually? Selection is only 0.125, 0.8 sec. and so on going up larger number. Shop programmed this way, first button push driver's door unlocks, second push unlocks all remaining doors. I observe when unlocking, parking light blinks 3 times, long-short-long(like Morse code K, dah-di-dah)
and I am pretty sure they relocks if I don't open door soon enough. When I unlock and walk towards car I can hear click and door is locked back? Can this happen? Lock button gives only one blink and works fine.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2015 at 12:54 AM / IP Logged  
You need to go back to the shop, get them to redo the settings.
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2015 at 6:29 AM / IP Logged  
Depending on the vehicle, the reason you get 3 blinks is pretty simple. The compustar sends 2, the bypass convenience is most likely sending oem unlock codes. The reason it re locks could be based on the cars settings.
Ex. You csn program the compustar to relock/arm after 5 minutes if no doors are opened, however the cars settings might say after 30s relock.
Since it was installed by a shop have them take a look and address your concerns.
Ted
Compustar Expert
newbieve6 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2015 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged  
Hi,
Again you're right on that. I tried to change the setting from 30 sec.
to 5 min. using remote fob. Followed procedure correctly twice but
it does not change. In option 1-10. Tried with 2 way and 1 way remote.
Do I have to reset current setting and select new setting? Wish I had OP500 unit. Does OP500 works either antenna connector?(4 pin vs. 6 pin) I am so much curious of all this, LOL! Good for old fart's mental health. Thank you all, always.
tedmond 
Posted: January 19, 2015 at 8:48 PM / IP Logged  
no need to reset. just make sure once you navigate to the menu setting, wait for it to respond back 10 times (flashes) then make your changes, cycle the ignition on then off.
Ted
Compustar Expert
newbieve6 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2015 at 9:52 PM / IP Logged  
Hi,
That was exactly what I did. F+trunk for 3 sec. > light flash, another
F+trunk for 3 sec. > light flash. This will put it to Option 1. Then
key button 10 times after 1 light flash response each time. Then 10 light flash response confirming I am at option feature 1-10. The I tap key button, 4 light flash to confirm. This what I did. Ah!, forgot to cycle ign. on and off. Will try one more time tomorrow and will report back.
Thank you.
newbieve6 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 20, 2015 at 3:51 PM / IP Logged  
Hi,
I spent some time hooking up laptop to brain after disconnecting car battery and took a look at the option 1-10(relock if door not open)
setting and it was option IV which is 5 min. Found option programming with remote works fine. Just regardless any setting it does not have any effect whether it is set to default(off), 30 sec., 60 sec., or 5 mins. Always door relocks after ~30 seconds. I even reflashed brain, V.3.03 and blade V1.4. Looks like some thing is over riding option 1-10 settings. I am stumped. Vehicle is 2008 Acura MDX. I emailed to Compustr tech support for any idea.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic