Astroflex MV

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
snuchster 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2015 at 12:31 PM / IP Logged  
Hi everyone,
Is it possible that I could get some help since I think I screwed things up worse and there are no Astroflex dealers close to me? I have an Astroflex MV with 9 dip switches. I have or I should say had a remote(Astrostart Remote J5F-TX903)that would start the vehicle, (Chevy Avalanche) but only if I were close to the truck. I still don't know why I have to be standing near or in the truck for it to work. I used to be able to start the truck from my work window and that was a good 200 feet away. I did change the batteries in the transmitter but that didn't help so I decided to get another remote and try to see if it were any better, however it would not program for me. So i started messing with the dip switches (I know bad idea) and now my original remote doesn't work. I did find the manual here on this website and downloaded it. The new transmitter still wouldn't program so i decided to make a bone head move and set the module back to factory defaults and flipped up #7 and hit the brake and then flipped it back down. My original remote will make the module click but that is it. What did I do?
Do I have to go through each individual level for programming the module? Even then, I still don't know why I have to be so close to the vehicle for it to start. I checked the antenna wiring and antenna and they seem fine.
But first things first, how bad did I mess it up?
Thanks
snuchster 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2015 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged  
I reprogrammed the by-pass module by unplugging the cable, holding down the reset button, plugging the cable back in and turning the key to on. After the by-pass module lights starts to blink, let go of the button and start the vehicle. I have done that before with success. However, when trying to start the vehicle, the module will click and the module light will flash 19 times. I can't find a single thing on this error. Can anyone help???
snuchster 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 22, 2015 at 7:28 PM / IP Logged  
I finally know what the 19 blinks is for. It means the manual interface is not connected correctly to the remote start module. However, that connection was never present on P12. I only have P16 (IM/OM interface), P13 (Disabling switch) and P15 (Receiver). Since I reset the module back to factory defaults, does anyone know how to bypass the manual interface or I should say do you know the dip switch setting for it?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic