icon

2010 honda accord immobilizer not working

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
slvrsky07 
Member - Posts: 43
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2015 at 6:49 PM / IP Logged  
Hello. I am trying to get the remote start in my girl friends car. The remote start works when you have the key in the ignition with "on" position. When the key is removed and RS activated, the key light on the dash flashes and the unit just cranks. The bypass module used is a DLPK. The 3 wires hooked up are:
Car/ DLPK
Blue immobilizer wire at key/ Orange brown
pink immobilizer wire at key/ orange green
Blue ignition wire / pink
The rest is hooked through the D2D to the remote starter. The unit says its programmed but not working. Any suggestions?
slvrsky07 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2015 at 7:27 PM / IP Logged  
Actually the vehicle starts with the key next to the ignition.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2015 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged  
you have purchased the wrong bypass module. The DLPK which is aka can-sl2 ONLY does convenience features. It does not provide any immobilizer data.
You should purchase an idatalink ads-alca flashed with DL-HA3 Or get a preloaded module such as the Fortin EVO-ALL. Another option is DBALL2 which also needs to be flashed, as with idatalink. All the units i have listed offer convenience AND immobilizer.
You have another option which is to purchase a Fortin Honda-SL3 which is strictly bypass and wire that in as well with the DLPK, Or fortin key-override-all. These 2 units are preloaded ready out of the box.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
slvrsky07 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2015 at 8:59 PM / IP Logged  
It said on their website it would work for immobilizer. I have a dlpk in my nissan murano and that works for it too.
tedmond 
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2015 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  
you are correct that the DLPK works as convenience and bypass for nissan, infinity and a few other select manufactures. Honda is NOT one of them. The xpresskit XK09 would have done both.
Ted
Compustar Expert
slvrsky07 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2015 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  
Okay. Didn't know that so a dball2 or db-all work with everything? Also will It allow the factory key fob to unlock the doors when running?
tedmond 
Posted: January 17, 2015 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  
dball or dball2 will work well for your application. No module out there will allow the factory key fob to work while the vehicle is running. I know this car inside out as I had one for 5 years.
There is a way to keep the keyless working, but it requires great electrical knowledge and know how.
Ted
Compustar Expert
slvrsky07 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2015 at 9:19 PM / IP Logged  
Care to share a diagram on how to do so? My girlfriend claims her 2008 honda was the same way but best buy ended up getting it to work with the factory fob.
tedmond 
Posted: January 17, 2015 at 9:30 PM / IP Logged  
2008-2012 accords are the same across the board. when running the factory system automatically shuts off.
You must install a one button start with the unlock wire hooked up, or buy a starter with integrated lock and unlock functions. Sorry the keyless info was something that i reverse engineered, so I am not willing to share that info. You can put an ADD on remote start, which uses the factory key LOCK x3 to start, but once you approach the car, the key will need to go into the driver keyhole. Reason being i suggest a unit with unlock options.
Ted
Compustar Expert
slvrsky07 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 17, 2015 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  
Fair enough. Can you explain how to use the double pulse unlock method with a guide to unlock the door with the RS remote?
Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic