Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2015 at 2:34 PM / IP Logged  
davep. wrote:
Now we're getting somewhere.
violet and violet/ black to ground.
grn/blk to white at door switch
blu/blk to brown at door switch.
If lock and unlock are "backwards", reverse the second two connections.
Davep,
violet & violet/blk has a fuse inline ----- why should it go to grd?
The door switch does unlock all the doors.
I followed the above suggestions but now it doesn't lock or unlock.
It blew the fuse in violet & violet/blk
Here's the wiring set up----
1--red      hot
2--blue     not hooked up
3/4--blk/wht       dome light doesn't work
5--grn/blk  lock doors
6--wht/blk  not hooked up
7/9--violet &violet/lk    hots
8--blue/blk unlock works when fob is hit but doesn't unlock
10--white parking lights   works with fob the only one that does
11--blk-- grd
12--brn horn but no output with fob
13--lt grn/blk       factory alarm no output with fob
14--wht/blu        no output with fob
15--yellow  switched hot not hooked up
16--orange not hooked up
17--brn/blk i have it grounded
18--RED / wht        nothing from fob
This is the 211 wires ----am I doing this right?
What would be best?
Thank You,
WAYNES WORLD
waynes world
wanes world 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2015 at 2:39 PM / IP Logged  
Davep,
One more point to consider ---
When I put power to the lock or unlock they work all 4 doors.
I tested the output from the 211 with the testlight, it puts out power as signaled but doesn't lock the doors. Where as it does unlock the doors after a few seconds.
Does this make sense to you?
WAYNES WORLD
waynes world
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 641
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2015 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  
Yes or no to the following questions, please:
Disconnect all connections from the lock circuits to the 211.
Cycle the locks with the door switch. Do the locks work normally from the door switch?
If = yes, continue.
Look at the door switch is there a white and a brown wire?
If = yes, continue.
Probe the white wire with a test lead connected to ground.
     Do the locks lock or unlock?
     If = yes, is it lock or unlock? Make a note of which it is.
Now probe the brown wire with a test lead connected to ground.
If there are any "no" answers to the above, post the results.
If you answer "yes" to all the above questions, you should now know that grounding the brown and white wire at the door switch operates the locks. I will tell you how to connect the 211. continue reading..
```````````````````````````
Here's a cut and paste of your connections above.Corrections are in bold. Comments are in parentheses. Connect your 211 EXACTLY the way the table below says to. If grounding the white and brown wires at the switch lock and unlock the doors, It will work. EXACTLY! Print this post out, and take it to the shop. EXACTLY.
It's only 7 wires, including the park lights. When you get done, only 7 wires should be connected:
3 to Ground,
1 red to 12V,
2 to door switch,
1 to park lights.
1--red        hot (12 V at all times)
2--blue        N/C
3/4--blk/wht   N/C and N/C
5--grn/blk     LOCK = White wire at door switch, if white locks. Brown, if brown locks.        
6--wht/blk      N/C       
7/9--violet &violet/blk     Connect to GROUND
8--blue/blk     UNLOCK = White wire at door switch, if white unlocks. Brown, if brown unlocks.   
10--white parking lights   
11--blk-- grd
12--N/C
13--N/C
14--N/C
15--N/C   IGN input. (Don't need it for now. Leave N/C).
17--N/C   (brn/blk I have it grounded. Disconnect it. This is why you blew the fuse).
18--N/C
This is a simple as I can make it for you. If you can't make it work from this post (its only 7 wires) I admit I fail as an instructor. I have many HOURS in these posts now. If it still doesn't work, I don't know what to try with you next, but I have to throw in the towel. Hope you get it this time.
Take Care.
Dave P
wanes world 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2015 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  
Davep,
I see your ideas but it may take a while to get back to the garage due to work schedule. Truck drivers get no free time usually during the week. I will get back for sure on sat.
Thank You,
WAYNES WORLD
waynes world
wanes world 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2015 at 4:15 PM / IP Logged  
davep. wrote:
Yes or no to the following questions, please:
Disconnect all connections from the lock circuits to the 211.
Cycle the locks with the door switch. Do the locks work normally from the door switch?
If = yes, continue.
Nothing works-------
Look at the door switch is there a white and a brown wire?
If = yes, continue.
Yes----- they go inside the dash------
Probe the white wire with a test lead connected to ground.
     They connect to nothing--------
Now probe the brown wire with a test lead connected to ground.
     SAME --not connected
If there are any "no" answers to the above, post the results.
If you answer "yes" to all the above questions, you should now know that grounding the brown and white wire at the door switch operates the locks. I will tell you how to connect the 211. continue reading..
```````````````````````````
Here's a cut and paste of your connections above.Corrections are in bold. Comments are in parentheses. Connect your 211 EXACTLY the way the table below says to. If grounding the white and brown wires at the switch lock and unlock the doors, It will work. EXACTLY! Print this post out, and take it to the shop. EXACTLY.
It's only 7 wires, including the park lights. When you get done, only 7 wires should be connected:
3 to Ground,
1 red to 12V,
2 to door switch,
1 to park lights.
1--red        hot (12 V at all times)
2--blue        N/C
3/4--blk/wht   N/C and N/C
5--grn/blk     LOCK = White wire at door switch, if white locks. Brown, if brown locks.        
6--wht/blk      N/C       
7/9--violet &violet/blk     Connect to GROUND
These must be to hot to wrk the lock-----they have a fuse just like the red hot wire----
8--blue/blk     UNLOCK = White wire at door switch, if white unlocks. Brown, if brown unlocks.   
When I do this absolutely nothing happens
10--white parking lights   
11--blk-- grd
12--N/C
13--N/C
14--N/C
15--N/C   IGN input. (Don't need it for now. Leave N/C).
17--N/C   (brn/blk I have it grounded. Disconnect it. This is why you blew the fuse).
18--N/C
This is a simple as I can make it for you. If you can't make it work from this post (its only 7 wires) I admit I fail as an instructor. I have many HOURS in these posts now. If it still doesn't work, I don't know what to try with you next, but I have to throw in the towel. Hope you get it this time.
Take Care.
Dave P
Think how I feel ! Please note the 7/9 has a fuse ----- my thought it must be hot! Plus it's the only way the lock FOB button makes it work !
When I connect the blu/blk or grin/blk ------ they light the test light but the locks don't work. I ground the one wire of the actuator while I apply hot to the other ---the locks work.
Any thoughts?
WAYNES WORLD
waynes world
wanes world 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2015 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged  
Davep,
I found the lone MISSING wire---------
#6---The WHITE/ black is the key to unlocking the doors.
It all works now! UNREAL !
The three wires all needed for each closed & or open circuit MUST be connected.
This is one for the books--------
It seems not all blanket solutions are right for everybody . Should I try to hook up the horn or parking lights??????
Thank You,
Wayne
waynes world
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 641
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2015 at 11:24 PM / IP Logged  
I'm glad you have it working. I have an observation and comment.
You obviously haven't hooked it up the way I suggested, because I left 5-blk/wht Not Connected.
I don't think you even read, much less understood, anything I've written in this thread over the past two weeks. You kept fumbling around on your own until you stumbled onto getting it to work.
As far as "It seems not all blanket solutions are right for everybody" .. That's kind of an insult. You insinuate that I was guessing, or suggesting configurations without considering YOUR particular installation. Nothing could be further from the truth. I asked about your truck, its switches, etc. You FINALLY put up a diagram of the lock system. The wiring I suggested was the SIMPLEST I could come up with. 7 wires total. I (or pretty much anyone else on The 12Volt) could have suggested perhaps 5 or more OTHER ways to incorporate a 211 into that lock system. There's more than one right way to do things. I picked the SIMPLEST. You picked a more complicated solution if you're using all 6 of the 211's lock wires.
Again I'm glad you got it working. A thank-you for my patience would have been appreciated. Instead of insinuating that my suggestions were a waste of time because that's not the configuration you used to get it to work. They would have worked just fine. You chose to ignore them.
wanes world 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2015 at 11:37 PM / IP Logged  
davep. wrote:
I'm glad you have it working. I have an observation and comment.
You obviously haven't hooked it up the way I suggested, because I left 5-blk/wht Not Connected.
ECUSE ME ---- Dave but just 2 post up you have it NC
I don't think you even read, much less understood, anything I've written in this thread over the past two weeks. You kept fumbling around on your own until you stumbled onto getting it to work.
It seems to reflect the above again.
As far as "It seems not all blanket solutions are right for everybody" .. That's kind of an insult. You insinuate that I was guessing, or suggesting configurations without considering YOUR particular installation. Nothing could be further from the truth. I asked about your truck, its switches, etc. You FINALLY put up a diagram of the lock system. The wiring I suggested was the SIMPLEST I could come up with. 7 wires total. I (or pretty much anyone else on The 12Volt) could have suggested perhaps 5 or more OTHER ways to incorporate a 211 into that lock system. There's more than one right way to do things. I picked the SIMPLEST. You picked a more complicated solution if you're using all 6 of the 211's lock wires.
I NEVER MEANT TO INSUST YOU IN ANY WAY ! IN FACT YOU HAVE GONE OUT OF YOUR WAY TO BELITTLE ME--------
Again I'm glad you got it working. A thank-you for my patience would have been appreciated.
Thank You-----
Instead of insinuating that my suggestions were a waste of time because that's not the configuration you used to get it to work. They would have worked just fine. You chose to ignore them.
I don't like to repeat myself but I have said thank you every single time I replied HAVE YOU EVER THOUGHT OF RETURNING A COMPLIMENT ------To ANYBODY ??
Have a nice day-------- Wayne
waynes world
oldspark 
Gold - Posts: 4,913
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2015 at 2:06 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah Dave! Look how often I thank people for getting me to assist them with their headaches - especially when my repeatedly sought advice is repeatedly ignored.
You should also be thankful for your tax savings - by solving issues here you avoid the tax burden resulting from professional visit or consultation charges etc.
Of course I might have missed something... I have only looked at the last reply or two and the opening postings.
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2015 at 2:51 AM / IP Logged  
I hope our friend doesn't have to ever control 1 wire multiplex locks.
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic