viper 5706v internal relay wiring diagram

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
keyster 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2015 at 12:35 AM / IP Logged  
Hey guys,
I had a heck of a time trying to figure out how to wire the 10 Heavy Gauge wires for the remote start portion of the Viper 5706v alarm.
I made a diagram of how the heavy gauge wires are connected to relays inside the 5706v.
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=1306
Let me know if anything is wrong or missing.
I hope this will help someone installing their own remote starter.
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 639
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2015 at 6:19 AM / IP Logged  
Interesting. Did you actually dissect a 5706 and follow the traces? Or come up with this by logical deduction?
I learned something from this. That there are two relays for the starter. One for the RS activation, and another for the interrupt. I've never really thought about it, but assumed that there was only one relay, and utilized 87a. This of course wouldn't work. So thanks for the enlightenment.
I think there is a small mistake in your diagram. On the far left, IGITION relay, you show "Viper Ignition Sense" as coming off terminal 30. I believe the sense comes off 87a, so that the Viper doesn't sense the ignition on when remote started which would trigger the alarm. I know that the older Avital remote relay packs were wired this way. Alarm ignition sense from 87a. Not 30.
Thanks. I learned something.
keyster 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 19, 2015 at 3:46 PM / IP Logged  
My diagram is purely from the install manual and logical deduction.
Though someone posted a picture of the inside of a viper 5901.
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/uploads/DD5_tempmod-1.jpg
Similar to my diagram, it shows 5 relays near the heavy wire connector, plus one near the "main" harness connector for the parking lights.
The ignition sense very well may be connected to pin 87a instead of pin 30. That would be needed if the alarm logic and the remote start logic don't talk to each other.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic