icon

13 ram with ra4 factory stereo

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rmudder 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2015 at 7:34 PM / IP Logged  
Was wondering if anyone can help me out. I have a 2013 Ram 1500 with the 8.4a RA4 factory stereo. I would like to install an amp and sub in it but i'm not sure how to connect it to the factory unit and still keep everything working (steering wheel controls, bluetooth etc.).
Someday I would love to install an iPad in the dash but I don't think that it possible as everything runs through the stereo ( alarm, climate control, mirror dimming, etc.).
Any help would be great I haven't installed stereos in cars in a long time and things have changed alot since then.
Thanks
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 18, 2015 at 7:52 PM / IP Logged  
Does it have a factory subwoofer? If so, you will need to tag the wires at the sub for input to your new amplifier. If it does not, you will need to tag either the front or rear speaker wires for input to your new amplifier.
Adding an amp is not going to keep your steering wheel controls from working.
rmudder 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 18, 2015 at 9:50 PM / IP Logged  
I do not have a factory sub but I am pretty sure the wiring harness is there for me to tap into.
Do they make anything to use to tap into these wires or will I have to cut and solder? Would there be a wire for the remote and the 2 audio inputs? Has anyone seen a wiring diagram to show what wire is what for the factory amp?
I suppose I should have been more specific in the post as to keeping everything factory working. I was referring to the lockpick devices that are out there. Honestly I don't know to much about these I have just recently seen them on the internet and don't know how they work.
At some point I would like to install a tv. Would this be what the lockpick would be used for?
Thanks

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic