icon

2005 expedition crimestopper rs0 actuator

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
welbo97 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2015 at 4:04 PM / IP Logged  

I'm putting an RS0 remote start on my 2005 Expedition with OEM keyless entry. The RS0 should be actuated by three - pulses from the driver door lock. I've seen quite a few wiring diagrams here and elsewhere on the web referencing the pink / YELLOW wire and a pink/black wire for this pulse. The pink / YELLOW is only attached to the door switch and does not have any signal when tested with the factory keyfob lock. There are numerous pink/black wires in the driver's kick panel and I have tested all of them and not found a - pulse when keyfob lock is pressed. I tested all wires at the VSM(BSM) gray connector and did not find any with a - pulse when hitting the lock button on the keyfob. I've also seen some references to the vehicl wiring diagram WITHOUT keyless entry saying it is a 5 wire door lock, but the system WITH keyless entry is not.

I can wire a relay to the pink/black wire at the VSM(BSM) that switches to ground, but if there is an existing - pulse wire I would prefer to use it. Also, confirmation of what type of door lock system is in the vehicle WITH factory keyless entry would be helpful.

Thanks

davep. 
Gold - Posts: 641
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2015 at 4:39 AM / IP Logged  
There are no (-) pulse wires available outside the VSM. You will have to invert the (+) of the pnk/blk at the VSM with a relay to the (-) pulse the RSO requires. Connecting to the pnk/blk will also activate the RSO with 3 pushes of the door switch LOCK. If you have kids that play with stuff, beware.
2005 expedition crimestopper rs0 actuator -- posted image.2005 expedition crimestopper rs0 actuator -- posted image.[/IMG]

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic