icon

2010 HHR Aftermarket Keyless Entry

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
gixxerjasen 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2015 at 7:43 PM / IP Logged  
Hello folks. Need some assistance. My father in law has an HHR and deeply regrets not having keyless entry on his car, especially when trying to help his mother out of her wheelchair and into the passenger seat. If you aren't aware, this car doesn't have a key access on the passenger seat. Thus he has to go to the drivers side, unlock and open the door, hit the button, then go around to help her get in the car.
My wife got a great idea...get him a keyless entry system for his car. Easy enough. Then she decided for me to install it. :(
I've installed plenty of stuff on my various vehicles, mainly stereo systems. I'm not scared to go into my car, but this isn't my car, which is why I'm trying to ask as many questions and make sure I have the right info before I start cutting.
That's a long intro. Here's the details.
2010 Chevy HHR
Omega Proline REC-12 Deluxe Keyless Entry.
What I got from Omega and why I'm here:
"In order to hook up the door locks in that vehicle you will need 2 relays and a 1.5k resistor. Unfortunately, I cannot give out specific vehicle wiring information to a consumer. However, I would recommend going to www.the12volt.com for vehicle wiring information."
Which wires am I looking for to complete this setup in the easiest/cleanest manner possible?
Thanks for helping me help him, I appreciate it.
Oh yea, kudos to this guy for his pics, they have been very helpful so far in allowing me to find some of the stuff.
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=131309
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 24, 2015 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  

Probably easier to use a Viper 211HV as it has built in relays for the door locks.  Using the Omega REC-12, the easiest way is to

spend an additional $9 on a DEI 451M door lock module.  It will give you the needed relays in a nice neat package and it also
comes with a pack of resistors that includes the required 1,500 ohm resistor.

There is a install guide for the 451M in the down loads section :  https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=726

Follow the Type H diagram using a 1,500 ohm resistor for the Unlock output and no resistor for the Lock output.  The
451M's 3 Pin Plug will be wired to the REC-12's Doorlock Output Port ( Unlock #2 not used ).

Needed wires :

12volts          RED / black (50A)  (+)     @ BCM, red 41 pin plug (X3), pin D1

Ignition          yellow (+)       @ ignition switch, green 6 pin plug, pin 3
Horn Trigger tan (-) @ horn switch or BCM, gray 72 pin plug (X2), pin 14
Power Locks WHITE/ black (-) @ driver kick or BCM, gray 72 pin plug (X1), pin 7
Trunk/Hatch Release   WHITE/ black (rear handle switch) (-)       @ BCM, gray 72 pin plug (X1), pin 69
Chassis Ground     @ solid chassis frame

Soldering is fun!
gixxerjasen 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2015 at 6:45 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks tons! I appreciate it!
gixxerjasen 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2015 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged  
Finally got everything to align, free time, all the parts in, decent weather, and it happened today. Got it all installed and aside from a failure on my part to properly apply reading comprehension, it went very smoothly. Thanks very much, my father in law is so happy. I'm afraid he'll either run the battery in the car or the remote down from playing with it.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2015 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged  
Great news.  2010 HHR Aftermarket Keyless Entry - Last Post -- posted image.   Thanks for the update.  Keeping the in-laws happy is very important.
Soldering is fun!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic