icon

cant bypass pkall to a transit connect

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ocjmakaveli 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2015 at 1:59 PM / IP Logged  
ok im having a horrible day guys and if anyone can please help me . everything is working as it should except the remote start, if i have the key in the ignition the remote starter starts correctly etc.
the problem im having is the pkall module im trying to use for a 2010 transit connect, when i finish programming it the led light just stays solid red it never blinks or anything.
i tried 2 configurations for the tx and rx cables.
firstly i tried connection 4 from the manual rx pin 1 was color white with green stripe and i connected the purple white from the pkall to that .
i connected the white with orange cable tx to my pkall yellow black cable.
after that configuration didnt work through programming about 10 times i noticed that connection 1 looks more like the connector in the transit connect van so i tried the cables black yellow and green with white.
those didnt work either and everytime i have the same problem when programming the red light stays solid. i read the manual about 20 times to make sure i wasnt missing anything and ive used these modules before .
has anyone done a transit connect or is there a diagram that says the exact color of the rx and tx wires?
thanks for reading the long post
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: January 25, 2015 at 4:39 PM / IP Logged  
Are both of the keys original Ford keys? Make sure one of them isn't a cloned key from a locksmith.
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2015 at 5:18 PM / IP Logged  

Have you tried this combination of RX / TX wires?     ( Info from iDatalink.)

Transit Connect   2010          TX Pin 4 WHITE/ Green   RX Pin 3 Gray/Orange

So PKALL RX PURPLE / White to Transit Connect Gray/Orange and PKALL TX  Yellow/Black  to WHITE/ Green.

The Transit Connect Transponder plug should be a 4 Pin plug located about 8 inches down the steering column from the ignition switch.

Soldering is fun!
ocjmakaveli 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: January 25, 2015 at 7:17 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the replies guys I wont be able to work on the car again until thursday. My friend says the keys are original dealership keys but hes not the first owner.
Ill try those rx and tx wires and ill reply here with the outcome

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic