icon

viper 5706v in 1995 chevrolet blazer

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
#blazer# 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 26, 2015 at 11:49 PM / IP Logged  
Hello all I am trying to install a viper 5706v alarm on my 95 chevy blazer and was wondering if this is correct hook up setup
viper 5706v in 1995 chevrolet blazer -- posted image. please help I've looked everywhere for additional info
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2015 at 7:58 PM / IP Logged  

Sorry, but I really can't make out that wire chart to save my butt.  Tried Paint, Word and Excel.  Could you possibly post it in another format?

Is this the wiring chart? 

viper 5706v in 1995 chevrolet blazer -- posted image.

Soldering is fun!
#blazer# 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2015 at 10:15 PM / IP Logged  
Yes that is the wiring diagram that i posted. Is that the correct one to use? i Installed the alarm and i could not get the key pad to communicate with the alarm and the other problem i was having was the truck started once power was connected from the battery and the started was constantly going. I have done a lot of research on this and can not find any help its causing me hell. One more question do we need to install any external relays? Thank you for your help in advance its much apperciated
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2015 at 2:04 AM / IP Logged  

I see a few issues with the wiring chart. 

First, the truck has (+) Door Lock wires and the Viper outputs a (-) signal.  You will need relays or a Directed 451M to convert

the signal polarity.  Here is a link to the 451M install guide :  https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/file.asp?ID=726   Use the Type
A diagram.  ( The +12V constant can come from the ignition switch harness.)

Second, there should be two Red +12V constant wires in the ignition switch harness.  Split the Vipers load between them.  The

Starter wire might be Yellow or Purple.  If you are using the Starter Kill / Anti-Grind feature, you must cut this Starter wire and
connect the Vipers thick Green and Violet Starter wires to the correct sides of this cut wire.  Most wire guides show a IGN2
wire that is either White ot Pink/White.  This wire must be connected as IGN2.  Additionally, most wire guides show a Brown
ACC2 wire.  If this wire is present ( and you wish to power it during a remote start ) you will need an additional 30/40 AMP
SPDT relay with harness and an in-line fuse holder with 25 Amp fuse.  Relay wiring as follows :
Relay Pin 85 to Viper Pin 23 Orange (-) 200mA ACC Output
Relay Pin 86 and 87 to +12V through fuse
Relay Pin 30 to Blazr Brown ACC2 wire

If you wanted the Viper to do a rear Hatch Release you would need a relay to do a polarity conversion ( Viper (-) output to (+)

output ) and connect to this vehicle wire : TRUNK RELEASE      BLACK/ WHITE (+)      @ HATCH RELEASE SWITCH 

The Tach wire can be found at :  TACH     WHITE (AC)     @ IGNITION COIL

You didn't mention whether you had a two door or a four door.  There are some differences with the Door Trigger wires.

The OP on that wiring chart mentioned a PLJX bypass module.  Don't think you need it on your vehicle, so the Viper Pin 5

Dark Blue (-) Status Output is N.U.

The Brown (+) Parking Light wire is found at the Headlight Switch.

The Domelight Supervision wire is this wire : Door Trigger     White (-)    @ underdash light

I would image there has been some serious color fading on the vehicles wire over the past 20 years, so testing with a DMM

is very important.

Soldering is fun!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic