the12volt.com spacer
icon

1998 acura rl remote/bypass install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hd0101 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: January 30, 2015 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote hd0101
1998 acura rl 3.5L. Autopage c3-rs-730 lcd, installation wiring diagram and for by-pass module (555d - dei).
I have found this site extremely helpful so I am hoping this will help people in return. There are several inconsistencies from the diagrams I have obtained so hopefully this help clear it up.
I have completed and tested remote starter system with KEY in ignition(off postion), everything works fine.   I have located the immobilizer control unit(left of steering column, 8 -pin and 3 pin). I have installed AUTOPAGE C3-RS-730 LCD "MULTI-COLOR" remote starter with 555D. BEAR IN MIND ALL ARE IN REFERENCE TO AUTOPAGE SET UP.
DOOR LOCK : green connector passenger kick panel. GRN/RED (-)
DOOR UNLOCK : green connector passenger kick panel. GRN/WHTE (-)
DOOR TRIGGER: blue connector passenger kick panel, next to green connector. BLUE/RED (-).
TRUNK RELEASE : grey connector passenger kick panel, below green connector. WHT/BLK(-) requires 87 module bc 12volts travels throught when truck release is pressed.
**TACH** the blue wire from cluster - 1st green connector when you are removing the cluster. ALSO blue wire connector behind the gray connector on passenger kick panel.. this wire will test 13-14volts with key on ON position and 6-7volts once car is started and running. * acura's volts will not increase when gas pedal is depressed.*
Unfortunately the 555D did not come with proper diagram for RL.
Here is the wire diagram from Immobilizer Control Unit:
Battery In  : A1---YEL/BLK -
P/IN       : A2--GRY
ST CUT RLY CTR L   : A3 --WHT/RED
IGN IN    : A4 --(BLK/YEL)-diagram shows that but in veh its YEL/BLK, you can test this wire by putting KEY on ON position will have 12 volts, its the second YEL/BLK wire, closes to steering column.
IMBL IND LGHT CTRL: A5--PNK
IMBL SIG OUT        : A6--WHT
PARK BRAKE IN        : A7--GRN/RED
GROUND : A8--BLK
IMBL RCVR IN :B1--WHT --to-- 1 on Immobilizer receiver (underside
SHLD GRND :B2--BLK of steering column)
IMBLE RCVR IN        :B3--ORG   --to --3
Wiring diagram for 555D: I have attached the following wires to get the 555D to work.
RED 12V+ -- CONSTANT --
BLACK      -- GROUND    --
BLUE remote start input(STATUS) -- connected to remote starter status   output wire FROM REMOTE STARTER. ***this has to be programmed from installation guide to OUTPUT STATUS***
GREEN      --KEY SENSE-- wire gets 12volt until key is inserted then goes to zero volts.
YELLOW/BLACK -- DATA WIRE --- data wire towards key cylinder - connect to A6 from above.
YELLOW  -- DATA WIRE --- data wire towards imlb ctrl unit- connect to A6 from above.
BROWN  -- DATA WIRE --- connect to (A2)gray wire on IMBL CTRL UNIT.
PINK        --IMMOBILIZER IGN CAR SIDE -- ign from key cyclinder to IMBL - connect to A4 from above. Test wire to make sure has 12volts with key on ON position.
PINK        --IMMOBILIZER IGN KEY SIDE-- ign from IMBL CTRL UNIT. - connect to A4 from above. test wire to make sure 12volts with KEY on ON position.
ORANGE --- LIGHT BLUE -not available. -- after research this is connected to A3 WHT/RED wire from above.. will not test for volt, ohm, data wire.
just a heads up when remote start the green key light will keep flashing but will not remaining flashing when the vehicle is started with key. I will try one more sequence once the weather breaks if that solves the flashing green key light on the dash I will post update. I know its hard to find any information on installing remote start w. by-pass for this car so I hope this helps.
pmendoza502 
Member - Posts: 33
Member spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2015 at 12:57 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote pmendoza502
is the 555d the kind of bypass you need to have a key for?
im having trouble with my python 871xp and my bypass on my 1999 acura 3.5RL.
most of the time it does not want to start, seems especially so when its cold, which was one of the main reasons i wanted to have remotestart.
on my bypass there is a jumper to use different windings, ive tried both. also the other day i removed the shroud to the antenna that is supposed to be located around the key ring in hopes it helps boost the signal. i positioned it to where the remote start would activate, and it worked for a night, but after that nothing...

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic