icon

2001 Ford Excursion, Viper 5706v

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hitagain 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2015 at 10:52 AM / IP Logged  
Im installing a viper 5706v on a 2001 Ford excursion.
Have a couple of wiring questions. I have the Directwire Sheet.
the Direst wire sheet said N/A for second and third ign , but i see BLACK/ lt green that is a 2nd ign wire from fords wiring diagrams, do i need to connect to it?
Also the Direct wire show 3 accessory wires, I know the orange from the viper will go to gray / YELLOW but do i need to hook up any of others to the viper alarm unit?
Thanks
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2015 at 8:48 PM / IP Logged  
tech sheets from directechs are not always spot on. It would be best to meter the wires yourself and power up all ignition/acc wires.
Ted
2nd Year Tier 1 Medical School
Still installing as a hobby...pays for groceries
Compustar Expert
banthonyb71 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2015 at 10:56 PM / IP Logged  
DW sheets are not always accurate but I can tell you from experience they are accurate 99% of the time.
The sheet says unavailable for 2nd and 3rd ignition because there is no 2nd and 3rd ignition in this Vehicle.
Unavailable on directwire doesn't mean (information not available)
It means, the car doesn't have or require thewire or option listed. Directed just uses blankness for info unavailable.
Connect your Accessory wire to 1st Accessory.
Connect your 2nd ignition output from the Remote Start to the 2nd accessory wire. It is recommended to reprogram the output from 2nd ignition to accessory but not necessary as the vehicle will still start without any issues. The only difference is the accessory will not drop out during crank which is not an issue for this vehicle. (other models this is not always the case)
Finally add a relay for your 3rd accessory wire. as follows
85- negative accessory output
86+ and 87+ constant 12 volt fused.
30 to 3rd accessory in the vehicle.
hitagain 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2015 at 6:56 AM / IP Logged  
Thank you, that was just the info I needed. Last time i installed a alarm systems we put key switches in the fenders...
hitagain 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2015 at 10:24 AM / IP Logged  
I have everything working but one thing. I wired into the wait to start light with an isolation diode and lost my wait to start light, I disconnected the wiring from the alarm to the wait to start light and still dont have wait to start light, is there an issue with wiring into the wait to start light that damages the circuit?
banthonyb71 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2015 at 11:08 AM / IP Logged  
you shouldn't need to wire into the light in the vehicle. you can program the remote start to wait to start for a predetermined amount of time. usually 10 seconds is sufficient.
banthonyb71 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2015 at 11:24 AM / IP Logged  
the wait to start wire on the system is just an input, it shouldn't have damaged anything. try disconnecting the battery(negative terminal) for 15 minutes. if you still don't have a light...I'm not sure what happened.
davep. 
Gold - Posts: 639
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 01, 2015 at 11:52 PM / IP Logged  
Excursions and California pick-ups use a Glow Plug Module. I know the modules are notoriously unreliable, and are prone to failure. Perhaps the loss of the light with your install is only coincidental with a module failure.
Do the glow plugs seem to still work on a cold start?
EDIT: I just looked up the 2001 Excursion diesel wiring. The WTS light is controlled by the PCM, and is independent of the glow plug control module. It is a blk/pnk wire. The ECM grounds the blk/pink to turn on the WTS light. With the key on, you should see +12V on the blk/pnk wire after the ECM times out. If you don't see voltage, the bulb or something in the inst panel has failed.
Check Fuse 19 in the under dash fuse panel. It's probably OK. If Fuse 19 blows, the truck will only idle. It will not respond to throttle. Ask me how I know. Check 19 anyway, that's the power to the WTS light.
hitagain 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2015 at 3:52 PM / IP Logged  
Found the problem with the wait to start light, I had changed all the dash lights to LEDs and the LED doesnt seem to like the wait to start wire added to the circuit, will just go with a programmed time delay.
Im using a pkfm D2D for my bypass when i plug in my 10 wire harness to the pkfm the theft light in the dash flashes fast, I have the green spliced to the white green, and the pink to the gray orange, the orange wire to the ign wire of the trunk not the pats ign. Any ideas?
banthonyb71 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2015 at 4:44 PM / IP Logged  
ignition wire to the trunk? what do you mean? You need to install the ignition wire exactly where the directions says. those bypasses are picky. I'm assuming you have 2 keys, and youve made sure the 5706 is in d2d mode if your going that route.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic