icon

Line Level Sub Output on JBL, 2012 Toyota Sienna XLE

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
davidgiordano 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 03, 2015 at 11:59 AM / IP Logged  
I own a 2012 Toyota Sienna XLE with a JBL sound system. I have a Sub amp. and sub that I wish to install on my own but not sure where to pick up line level output. Someone said that Toyota-JBL systems utilize outboard amps but I need to know where in the vehicle to find the one best to patch to and what the interface is? I would love to hope there is an RCA mono female connection but would guess that is highly improbable. I suppose that would mean that there would be a small gauge set of leads of a specific color/stripe combination. Is there any one out there that might know?
David Giordano
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 03, 2015 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  
I have never seen signal before an amplifier in an OEM system that was of useable level to drive an aftermarket amplifier. You are right, you will not find an RCA connection anywhere in that vehicle.
Use a Pac-audio.com SNI-35 at the factory subwoofer.
davidgiordano 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2015 at 6:09 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the help. I ordered a Pac-audio.com SNI-35 today. Would you know the location of the factory JBL amp or amps if more than one. If so which one do I connect to and would it be the input side or output side? I have always swapped all components out from the head to the drivers and ran a second Marine Battery off of an isolator through a bank of Caps. Those were the days. I cannot play like I used to when I had a 6 figure income. This is a compromise to add some low end to a fairly decent factory system. Is there a way to get a factory wiring diagram for the 2012 Toyota Sienna XLE without spending a couple K ?
David Giordano
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: February 04, 2015 at 8:51 PM / IP Logged  
Look under the front passenger seat. The SNI-35 takes a speaker level signal and reduces it to be suitable to input into an amplifier. You will have to install it on the output wires of the amplifier. Look at the wires at the woofer and see if you can find the same color wires in positions on the amplifier plug that are right next to each other.
davidgiordano 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 05, 2015 at 9:05 AM / IP Logged  
You have been very helpful. Thank You. I probably should have been more specific in my last post that I want to split off from the amp without cutting out any factory drivers. Could that have any negative consequences?
I would love to get my hands on a factory wiring diagram. The full manuals are priced out of the realm of reason.
David Giordano

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic