icon

gaming chair, amp, speakers, bass shakers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
wburden 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2015 at 12:47 AM / IP Logged  
This isn't really car audio but it is similar, I have a gameing chair that I was wanting make Sound a little better so I purchased two 4inch 4ohm 25watt rms speakers to go in it and purchased a 100 watt 2 channel amp to power them and I also purchased four of the bass shaker pucks that are 15 watt rms and 8ohms each.I was looking on the Internet trying to figure out how I was going to wire this setup and I think I might have figured it out but I was needing some advice to make sure I am right. So I have figured out that if I wire my two 4 inch 4 ohm speakers in series to one channel of the amp I should have a 8 ohm load in series and if I wire my four 8 ohm bass shakers in two pair of speakers, each pair wired in series, then wired in parallel that will give me 8 ohm load in parallel, so I am calculating 8 ohm in series and 8 ohms in parallel added together would give me a total load of 4 ohms. Am I correct on this or is there another way I should wire it to get the right setup? Thanks in advance.
sirhutson 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2015 at 9:06 AM / IP Logged  
how do you intend on hooking all this up to the amplifier. I'm just curious because you will need to run high pass on the 4 inch speakers.
Hutson-
sirhutson 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2015 at 9:11 AM / IP Logged  
And if it were me i would run it all parallel. 2 ohms on the front channel. 2 ohms on the rear channel. Unless your amplifier isn't rated for this. If it is a home amp of some sort then your wiring is spot on.
Hutson-
wburden 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2015 at 4:43 PM / IP Logged  
I plan on hooking it all up with 16 gauge speaker wire. My amp said it will work from 2-8 ohms of load. The amp I got is a small home amp is a Pyle PFA400U 100W Audio Amplifier. What is a high pass and why do I need it?
sirhutson 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2015 at 4:47 PM / IP Logged  
High pass will keep the bass from going into the 4 inch speakers. Too much lowd will hurt them. And generally you will get more power from the amp at 2 ohms. It's pyle though so be cautious.
Hutson-
wburden 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2015 at 4:55 PM / IP Logged  
So should I just wire it the way I had figured or is there a better way to wire it because if I wire both of them parallel won't that give me 1 ohm instead of 2?
sirhutson 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2015 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged  
You said it was 2 channel yes? I would run the 4 inchers on the front channel 1 at 2 ohms. Wire these in parallel put high pass filter on them if you can. Then wire the pucks in parrallel and put that on channel 2 @ 2 ohms. If it is 2 channel you won't be wiring the 4s with the pucks. They will be on their own channel. and know that you won't get stereo the set up at all be mono so you won't get fade or balance or like panning effects.
Hutson-
sirhutson 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2015 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged  
And this amp doesn't have a high pass filter so i would suggest to eventually acquire some in line bass blockers for the 4s
Hutson-
wburden 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2015 at 5:27 PM / IP Logged  
I will eventually get some bass blockers for the 4s, is there different size bass blockers if there is what size should I get? And yes it is a 2 channel amp and will I really need panning or fading I am mainly using it to have audio from my ps4?
sirhutson 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 04, 2015 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged  
yeah I would get some bass blockers that range anywhere from 800hz to 1000hz. the company called stinger make some. and no you won't necessarily need panning and balancing of that sort of thing. and just for clarity channel one is the right channel and channel 2 is the left channel. so ultimately on the right channel you will have your two 4 inch speakers at 2 ohms and on the left channel you have all of your pucks wired down to 2 ohms
Hutson-
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic