icon

1991 Chrysler Lebaron anti-theft system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Gamec**ksR4Real 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2003 at 4:35 PM / IP Logged  
The car comes with a factory alarm system. I would like to disarm it and install a Bulldog system. How do I go about disarming the factory system? It has never worked properly and I purchased a Bulldog 7002pro. I found the Anti-theft box behind the glove box. If I disconnect it, the entire car shuts down. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
mr12volt 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2003 at 4:45 PM / IP Logged  

If the car has a factory alarm installed(not aftermartet) you can use the dome supervision wire off of the alarm and use it to disarm the factory alarm.  This car has a light GREEN/ orange wire in the drivers door harness that requires a negative pulse to disarm the factory alarm.

Gamec**ksR4Real 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2003 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged  
   Does this mean that if we locate this wire , going into the security module and take it to ground ( a positive +12vdc system , - ground) , that this should disable this security system?
Gamec**ksR4Real 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2003 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged  
Oh wait, do you mean the violet dome supervision wire from the Bulldog system? I should connect this wire to the GREEN/ orange running from the drivers door lock switch?
Gamec**ksR4Real 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2003 at 3:31 PM / IP Logged  
I have looked and this model of alarm does not come with the dome supervision. How would I go about disabling the factory alarm without this wire? Is there another negative pulse I could use? Thanks.
mr12volt 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2003 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged  

You can permanently disable the factory alarm by grounding it to the chassis.  (this is easiest solution since the factory alarm does not provide much security) You also should be able to tie a "negative on unlock" wire off of the bulldog alarm to the factory alarm disarm.  You will need to put a diode in line on this wire so that the factory alarm will not feed back into your doorlocks.  Be sure to test.

Gamec**ksR4Real 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2003 at 3:53 PM / IP Logged  
Thank You. You guys are very helpful.
mr12volt 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2003 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged  
no problem

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.