icon

2003 Tahoe Bose System

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Smokepoisoned 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2003 at 5:13 AM / IP Logged  

I have installed a system (250 watt amp and a 10" HE2 Rockford sub) in a 2003 tahoe with a factory bose system by tapping into the rear speakers but I am getting a very weak hit from the sub. Is it the amplifier thats weak or the signal that Im getting from the rear speakers? I've hooked the subwoofer parallel due to the dual voice coils should I hook it up in series or leave it the way it is? I have very little experience on impedance matching regarding the sub and the amplifier. I think I have it hooked up as a 4 ohm load, but Im not very sure. Need help on impedance matching and on finding the right input signal for the amplifier to work on.2003 Tahoe Bose System -- posted image.  

............illrepute.........
SnomanF150 
Silver - Posts: 269
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2003 at 8:43 AM / IP Logged  
use the sub out of the factory amp for your signal.. under the center console where the factory amp is use the green and blue twisted pair and the blue and green twisted pair.. the rear speakers are crossed over in the amp and just sound like crap when used for sub output..
George
David's Car Stereo
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
akimball442 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2003 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged  
I'm not going to lie to you by telling you that you cant hook a sub up to a bose system like many people on the internet will (usually those who want to make money by repairing your bose system).  You can hook one up. But the thing is, It isnt ever going to sound right, even if you do it "correctly."  I have had many cars with bose systems in them. The old systems with an amp at each speaker had good sound. I am currently driving a 2000 bonneville with a bose system in it. It is a very similar system to the one in your tahoe.  While the Bose amplifier equalizes the rear speakers as the previous guy mentioned, It also crosses over the factory subs, and with a very strange curve. I do not like the new bose systems at all. The bass sounds funny.  It seems like Bose decided to boost some strange frequency that is too low, its always booming, even with music that has no bass. Bose just adds some.  By adding an amp and subs to this system, you are going to get some strange results. You are going to amplify the equalized signal by using any output from the bose amplifier.  You need to get an output directly from the radio.  This can be done in a number of ways.  On the plug to the bose amp, there will be many wires.  There is a sheilded wire that comes from the radio. It has eight wires comming from it. You need to tap the ones that are for the rear. The colors are BROWN / Yellow, and Light Blue/Dark Blue.   you can hook these up directly to the line inputs of your sub amp if your amp is capable of using a high voltage input. Otherwise you will need to use a reducer of some sort.  There are a number of companies that make Bose system intergration devices. The best solution would be to remove the amplifier and replace the entire system.  It will be hard to get good results by hooking into any bose system, but it will work.
Smokepoisoned 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2003 at 2:45 AM / IP Logged  
Does anybody know where to  get  a wiring diagram for the radio harness on a 2003 tahoe with the BOSE System in it, or is anyone out there experienced enough to give me the right color wire for the rear speakers for this SUV and I dont mean the rear door speaker wires I need the wires straight from the radio itself. Thank You
............illrepute.........

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic