--mindctrl

AudioBAHNvlcm 
Copper - Posts: 209
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2003 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  
oh sorry, its a 1976 chevy silverado step-side
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2003 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged  
So.... who's still at work? If you are leading towards the Titanium, a heavily braced sealed enclosure of 1.25cu.ft per driver (separate chambers) is recommended. Leave about 5 inches of space in front of the drivers to the front of the box of the pickup if you can. Make this box out of Marine grade Birch or MDF that has had a truckload of resin applied to it, then have the entire enclosure covered inside and out with line-x or whatever spray in box-liner (truck box-liner) material you can find. This will seal the box better than anything and give it a little extra strength to boot. You can actually mount this sub box into your truck box and not have to worry about moisture (make sure you do all surfaces of the box, inside and out). It is still a good idea however to have some sort of checkerplate over top, this makes it harder to steal.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
AudioBAHNvlcm 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2003 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged  
where can i buy this Marine grade birch wood at?  and is it better to have seperate chambers?
forbidden 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2003 at 7:10 PM / IP Logged  
Any plywood store, some building centers. Yes, definitely use separate chambers!
AudioBAHNvlcm 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2003 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  
okay so like a Home Depot or a Lowes would have it?  and do u have any idea how much it costs?  also i was playing around with the volume calculator, and i get about 2.69 cuft  with box dimensions of  40"length X 13"height X 12"  depth.  would that be a good size?
AudioBAHNvlcm 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 24, 2003 at 7:22 PM / IP Logged  

lets see if the pic will work now.

AudioBAHNvlcm 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 25, 2003 at 2:52 PM / IP Logged  
okay so like a Home Depot or a Lowes would have it?  and do u have any idea how much it costs?  also i was playing around with the volume calculator, and i get about 2.69 cuft  with box dimensions of  40"length X 13"height X 12"  depth.  would that be a good size?
forbidden 
Posted: December 26, 2003 at 11:44 AM / IP Logged  
Here in Canada we have different stores, so I don't know about yours. Something looks wrong with your math dude, don't even start with a box design until you have the subs in your hand. A titanium will need a baffle board with a minimum of 14" x 14" for a 12" sub, I would prefer a little more though, like 16" x 16",what I'm trying to say is that you are going backwards with your box idea. Once you have your width and height narowed down, you can complete the box by solving for the depth.
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic