icon

97 Dodge Dakota Clutch Bypass

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
pudgej1026 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2003 at 7:29 PM / IP Logged  
Yes my name is Jared James and I was wanting to know how to hook up a relay to my clutch switch so I can hook up a remote start on my 97 Dodge Dakota there is two wires on the switch and I thought if I just hooked the wires together it would work and it did but it ran my battery down so anyone that can help me reply on the forum, PM or Email me at peterbilt1026@aol.com Thanks
Teken 
Gold - Posts: 1,492
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 26, 2003 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged  
It sounds like you have wired the contacts in the normally closed position.
ie. To 87a, instead of 87 of the relay.
There are 3 types of clutch activations used in vehicles today.
You will need to varify which one it is you have, first. I am assuming you are using a relay because your vehicle falls into one of the three types, which requires a relay.
Below is how to test, and to varify if your vehicle does indeed need such a relay to be incorporated into the RS to start.
1. The first clutch type is that which shows +12 volts when the clutch is depressed, and the key is in the start position. This is the wire you will interrupt or connect to.
2. The second clutch type is that which one of the wires measures a constant ground or power signal, and some vehicles may require you to engage the key to measure this voltage so please be aware of this.
The other wire will show ground, or power when the clutch is depressed.
3. The third clutch type is that which shows a constant ground, when the clutch is depressed.
Regards
EVIL Teken . . .

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic