icon

Prostart CT-3300 2003 Dakota

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hioctane 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2004 at 6:39 PM / IP Logged  
I'm installing a Prostart CT-3300 remote starter on my truck and I have everything wired up but the module won't accept the transmitter.  I've tried about 50 times so far and the remote won't program. I've already exchanged the module thinking it was that and I still have the same problem.  Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks
lspker 
Silver - Posts: 503
Silver spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2004 at 8:26 PM / IP Logged  
Is the anntenna plugged into the correct port on the brain?  Did you use the right extention wire for the annt?  Make sure the unit is not in valet mode when trying to program (turn on ingtion and tap program switch)
draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2004 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged  
you may also have to do a rest and start over......or call tech support @ 1-866-698-5872
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
ck auto 
Copper - Posts: 257
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 03, 2004 at 11:20 PM / IP Logged  
hi flash hoodpin make sure lights stay on at least 6 sec then key on off on off then press lock button twice
good luck
kirk
hioctane 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 04, 2004 at 10:38 PM / IP Logged  
Actually, it turns out that the antenna was defective.  I tried a different antenna and everything worked right away and now works fine.  Thank for the quick responses though!
hioctane 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 05, 2004 at 11:51 PM / IP Logged  
I've installed a remote starter on my 2003 Dakota and i'm looking for an easy way to bypass the sentry key system.  I don't care if its bypassed all the time.  Right now i just have the chip out of the spare key inside the steering column.  is this fine or will it screw anything up??  thanks.
ck auto 
Copper - Posts: 257
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 06, 2004 at 10:02 PM / IP Logged  

hi take a relay pin 85 to out while running on rs pin 86 to 12v pin 30 to 22 guage wire wrap this wire around head of key 6 times secure to key go up to ing wrap 6 times around ing then back down to pin 87 on relay make sure all wires are secure and you have a bypass only when rs is on the key inside the steering collumn can cause problems in some vehicles

good luck
kirk

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic