icon

94 Ford Explorer Audio Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fastbass_85 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2004 at 5:47 PM / IP Logged  

I bought a used 94 Ford Explorer.  I went to install a new cd player and I see that the previous owner cut the wires so, now I have to splice into them all.  I would really apreciate if someone could give me a wire diagram, because I have no idea what wires are for what.  I tried installdr but it is obviously not right, or at least not for Ford, the second wiring list says GM so that seems a bit out of place.  Anyways enough straying aside, if anyone knows any useful information, it would be greatly appreciated.

kidtransam 
Copper - Posts: 99
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2004 at 5:57 PM / IP Logged  
Here ya go
94 ford explorer
With a torch and a big enough hammer...it WILL friggin fit!!
boostedcivic 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: November 05, 2004 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  

Here Ya Go:

Constant 12V+GREEN/ YELLOW 
Switched 12V+Yellow/Black 
GroundBlack 
IlluminationBlue/Red 
Dimmern/a 
Amplifier RemoteBlue 
AntennaRight Front 
Front Speakers5" x 7" Doors
Left Front (+)ORANGE / Green 
Left Front (-)Blue/White 
Right Front (+)WHITE/ Green 
Right Front (-)GREEN/ Orange 
Rear Speakers5" x 7" Rear Doors
Left Rear (+)Pink/Green 
Left Rear (-)BROWN / Yellow 
Right Rear (+)ORANGE / Red 
Right Rear (-)BLACK/ White 

Jason

fastbass_85 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2004 at 12:25 AM / IP Logged  
I dont mean to disagree, but I am afraid it seems this schematic is incorrect.  I know that several of the colors listed here aren't in my vehicle.  Off the top of my head I seem to recall a few:   BLACK/ green; black; blue; brown(tan?); yellow; white; WHITE/ red.   Im not sure of them all as i will have to look tomarow.  But if this shines any light on the situation.  Perhaps there is more than one wiring for these trucks?  The left side has a big gray wire.  Within the big gray wire there are several smaller ones; some are the same color, and one of the wires is silver and has no coating other than plastic type and the big gray wire.  On the right side there is another goup of colored wires.  I thank anyone who puts forth a reply.  Thank you for the first response, but most of the color scheme simply doesn't exist.
bumpingjeep 
Copper - Posts: 149
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 08, 2004 at 8:49 AM / IP Logged  
its the ford premium sound package...i believe the big grey wire has constant, keyed, ground, and remote for the fact amp...which is in the rear in the pass panel...replace all fuses that are probably blown at this point...both under dash and there is also one under the hood you need to check...then use a dmm to find your keyed, constant, and ground...the ones in the big grey wire are most likely not going to work...i believe that they only send those signals to the amp from the deck...after you find those wires behind the radio...cover them up and then take the rear back pass panel of to bypass the amp...should be two plugs...you might even be able to go into a best buy or circuit city to get a bypass harness...they will probably tell you that it wont work for your year...ignore them...at least one side will match up perfectly...if the other side doesn't...it will be the side going to the speakers...simply find which ones are the correct speaker wires and tie them in to the bypass plug...then go up front and finish finding all those same wires behind the deck and you are done...let us know if you need anything else
fastbass_85 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2004 at 2:23 PM / IP Logged  
Thank you, this information will be very useful.  I do however have one dilemma.  I am away at college right now so it might be a bit tricky to get a hold of equipment like that.  I suppose I could wait to go home and use my dad's, but that generaly isnt for quite some time.  So if there are any suggestions to finding the hot, constant, and ground without a meter that would be so greatly appreciated.  Thanks again for the previous info.
bumpingjeep 
Copper - Posts: 149
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 09, 2004 at 7:54 PM / IP Logged  

or you could try the getto way...ground your radio somewhere...tie the red and yellow together and start touching them to wires...if the car is off and the radio turns on...that would be your constant wire...hook it to yellow only...cover it up...turn the ignition on and start touching the red wire to wires behind the radio...when the radio turns on play with your dimmer switch and make sure that it has no effect on your radio...if it does...wrong wire keep trying...once you have it cover it up...then find your ground in the same fashion and also remember to play around with your dimmer switch once you think you have it just to make sure...none of this will work unless you have blown fuses of course...keep that in mind if you cant find a wire...then you should be to the point where you can go buy the adaptor plug for the amp somewhere...

keep in mind...this is not professional...but if you can't wait it will get the job done

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic