the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Shivas

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2004 at 7:07 PM / IP Logged  

So, let me get this right .. do you JUST want loud bass?

New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
Klapping 
Copper - Posts: 146
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2004 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  
who doesnt? ... the louder, the more you are heard... the better... i want it to be heard outside the car...
Klapping 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2004 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged  
bass tha bumps... and is loud...
kfr01 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2004 at 7:21 PM / IP Logged  

lol .. I, for one, don't want anybody outside my car to hear my bass.  I could care less about SPL.  Anyway, now knowing that you want that kind of performance I seriously doubt that sealed is right for you.  Did you read those links I sent you about output being higher with ported boxes? 

Klapping 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2004 at 7:39 PM / IP Logged  
i dont know how to port boxes... and i just ruined my other box by unporting it... because that is what i was told to do... well, told to go sealed...
kfr01 
Posted: November 29, 2004 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged  

No one told you to seal your box.  You picked sealed because it was close to your enclosure size and you were too lazy to understand the difference between sealed and ported.

All we told you to do was READ THE FREAKING LINKS we sent you before making the decision yourself. 

Then we said IF you wanted to go sealed that it had better be a GOOD seal. 

Sigh .. Go back and actually read http://www.diysubwoofers.org/

LOOK at the graphs and the difference in output.  COMPARE the graphs pages 8 on both Shiva application documents I posted for you.  If you are looking for ONLY the best BASS OUTPUT given your amplifier power, PORTED is probably the best for you.

*sigh again*  dude, I understand you're young, but you really need to learn to read materials, search for answers and ask questions about things you don't understand, and truly make an effort to understand -- before making your own decision.  Trust me, if you can learn that simple lesson it will serve you well.

Klapping 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2004 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged  
here... i have no idea what all that stuff means... but like... is there a box on the net that you or sumone could find that is ported good for 2 shivas... so it can get tha max bump? ... if i look, or try, i wont end up with anything correct... because i have no idea about any of this sh*t...
astro88 
Copper - Posts: 195
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2004 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged  
Take youre subs to the closest boxmaker in youre area give them the specs and pay the man........Not trying to be rude but it sounds as though that would be the best bet for you,
Klapping 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2004 at 8:19 PM / IP Logged  
you SEE i dont have the money... 150 bucks for a g*d da*n cube of wood... is rediculous... and i have no idea who makes, boxes, aroun me... i can just buy one online that is relatively close... i need help finding one though...
kfr01 
Posted: November 29, 2004 at 8:43 PM / IP Logged  

Klapping wrote:
here... i have no idea what all that stuff means... but like... is there a box on the net that you or sumone could find that is ported good for 2 shivas... so it can get tha max bump? ... if i look, or try, i wont end up with anything correct... because i have no idea about any of this sh*t...

You aren't supposed to know what it means when you start learning.  Read all the pages you can at http://www.bcae1.com/

Ask us questions about what you don't understand!

Page of 10

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic