icon

Dimensions for Two 12 Adire Audio Shivas

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Klapping 
Copper - Posts: 146
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2004 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  
For 2 shivas. in a sealed box because i dont think i can make a ported one. (sorry for that 10 page topic, i wasnt ignoring you guys. i was just confused.) But ya, knowing the cubic feet wont help me much. what would be the actual dimensions...
as in the 2 front and back panels.
the 2 side panels
and the top and bottom panels.
AND the mid section panel...
for 2, Adire Audio shivas. 12"
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2004 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  
Have you decided on what Q you are shooting for?  Read the Shiva sealed application pdf and come back and tell us.
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
Klapping 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2004 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged  
what do you mean Q? ... i dont know what that means. =/
audiobass10 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2004 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged  

www.bcae1.com

Read a little bit, then read some more..after you think you have a tight grasp on it..read it again. That site will show you how the volume of the box relates to the dimensions, along with many other helpful things you should know.

Dave
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660
15" Kicker CVR
Profile AP1000M
It's Loud
Klapping 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2004 at 7:30 PM / IP Logged  
for a sealed box what cubic feet am i looking at?
kfr01 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2004 at 7:30 PM / IP Logged  

Klapping,

Good lord!  For the last freaking time..   READ THE FREAKING SHIVA SEALED APPLICATION PDF.  IT HAS THE EFFECT OF Q RIGHT THERE.. IT EVEN HAS GRAPHS IF YOU ARE TOO FREAKING LAZY TO READ! 

Klapping 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2004 at 7:48 PM / IP Logged  
Dude people were recomending different cubic feet than what was listen on the pdf. that is why i am asking for what you guys recomend. i was told differently by steven kephert.
kfr01 
Posted: November 30, 2004 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged  

No, Steven was recommending a high Q design, THAT THE PDF TALKS ABOUT.  He even told you exactly how many cubic feet he thinks you should go with.

Jesus.  Did you even read his response?  Come back and tell us how many cubic feet he recommended once you reread his post AND the freaking pdf.  If you tell me why he recommended the Q and size that he did I'll help you with the dimensions.  

haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2004 at 8:07 PM / IP Logged  
OK, I have read quite a bit of all of these pages and pages and PAGES of posts by Klapping. Let me ask you this - what kind of response are you looking for? Do you want sound quality? Do you want loud? What do you want? A little bit of both - just realize ou CAN NOT have both and be the best with either. Be VERY specific, Klapping, and let's see what we can come up with for you. FORGET THE ENCLOSURE FOR RIGHT NOW... Just answer my question. What are your priorities in your subwoofer application?
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
/r7 
Silver - Posts: 340
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2004 at 8:11 PM / IP Logged  
he wants insane bass, no SQ, the farther you can hear him from his car the better, elaborated response to what he said on page9 or 10, maybe 8, i lost count.
his best option would have been a ported enclosure, but he doesnt want to doit.
Page of 8

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic