icon

radio in a 1996 cadillac deville

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bosshunt 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2005 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  
i am trying to install a aftermarket radio in a 1996 deville and i found out i have to cut the wires and now that i have the windows wont roll up the trunk release button doesnt work and i need to know where the fuse boxes are and also what is the color code for the wires someone please help me
crun
thsonnen 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: February 08, 2005 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged  
Not exactly sure what wire color you need, but I do know that the fuse box is in the trunk behind the rear seat
on the driver's side.
tech460 
Copper - Posts: 118
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2005 at 9:40 AM / IP Logged  
Do you realize the 96' Caddy is a class 2 data vehicle and the radio is not allowed to be removed? This isn't like the new GM's with class 2 that sometimes you may take the radio out, this one you cannot. I have suggestions for you if you care to listen.
jstruckman 
Copper - Posts: 465
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2005 at 12:12 PM / IP Logged  
Actually, the 96 Deville did not use the Class II data bus, the 96 Seville was Class II. But not till 97' was the Deville class II. Any way you should ave had to cut any wires, just run speaker and amp turn on to the tuner in the trunk and then use the 20 pin metra plug back there. i just got done doing one of these cars, hope i dont have to do another for a long time, they suck.
Jazzy
jstruckman 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2005 at 12:13 PM / IP Logged  
Actually, the 96 Deville did not use the Class II data bus, the 96 Seville was Class II. But not till 97' was the Deville class II. Any way you shouldn't have had to cut any wires, just run speaker and amp turn on wires to the tuner in the trunk and then use the 20 pin metra plug back there. i just got done doing one of these cars, hope i dont have to do another for a long time, they suck.
Jazzy
tech460 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2005 at 2:17 PM / IP Logged  
I'm sorry jstruckman, but the 96' Deville is class 2 data. If you do not believe me, call Metra or GM. Class 2 started in 96' on the Caddy Deville, Seville and Eldorado. Metra does make a harness for the 96' Deville and it is GMOS-06 for the Bose or Delco amped systems or GMRC-03 for the non amped systems. I have the RPO codes to find out what system it is. FYI, on the Caddies with a tuner box in the rear Metra makes a harness for those which makes it very easy to install. 70-1856 for the non-amped cars, 70-1857 for the Bose systems.
jstruckman 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2005 at 5:04 PM / IP Logged  
According to ALLDATA, the 96' is not class 2, but ALLDATA has been wrong before. Thanks for the info tech460, i will have do some more research.
Jazzy
tech460 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 09, 2005 at 5:13 PM / IP Logged  
Yes I have seen errors with ALLDATA before too.
bosshunt 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2005 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged  
well how do i hook one up then because i want to hook an amp up with speakers. please help
crun
tech460 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 10, 2005 at 5:17 PM / IP Logged  
Is the plug that was in the radio reusable? Do you still have the factory radio? Also, look in the trunk under the spare tire cover and find the service identification sticker. Once you do, look for the code "UW6". You may or may not have it. Find out and let me know.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic