upgrade..maybe

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
doc t 
Copper - Posts: 169
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2005 at 11:04 AM / IP Logged  

Good morning all,

I was kicking around the idea of upgrading from the current setup i have.

my amps are rockford fosegate 501x and 550s, with an alpine hu cda-9825, i want to keep the HU and change the amps.

i'm currently thinking about the alpine mvr-540 or 545 as a 4-channel and the mrd-m1005 for the subs, and want to upgrade from the 2 8ohm kicker comp 12's, to a good 12" dvc to achieve 2ohm load.

should i stay with fosgate or go with alpine?

if i stay with fosgate i'll keep the 4 channel and go with a higher power mono block like the t15002

will the alpine hu sound better with alpine amps or just mix and match?

All Bleeding stops.....eventually!
oonikfraleyoo 
Gold - Posts: 1,069
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 14, 2005 at 11:45 AM / IP Logged  
Doc I would say don't get the MRD-1005. A friend of mine just got one and Alpine really dropped the bar one that amp. Go to ebay and get an MRD-1001 Its the old model. Its complicated as hell to set up but when I took it off my Type x and put it on the w7 that the MRD-1005 was on my friend and I realized that both the type x and MRD-M1005 are not the quality the one would expect from alpine.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
doc t 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2005 at 4:41 PM / IP Logged  
any others?
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2005 at 4:53 PM / IP Logged  
I agree with oonikfraleyoo about Alpine's quality going downhill. There is a reason why the MRD-M1005 is almost half the price of last years model (the MRD-M1001). RF's new amps are pretty nice and so are their subs. It's fine to mix and match components and the first thing I would probobly upgrade is your CD player (unless you like it that much). Then maybe buy a single nice sub, either a SVC 4 ohm sub or a 2 ohm DVC sub, and wire it for 4 ohms with 550s. If you are looking at a sub that would recquire more then 500 watts continuous I would replace the 550s with a monoblock class D amp.
vwgolf1128 
Copper - Posts: 120
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2005 at 5:13 PM / IP Logged  
Any opinions on the Alpine 12'' Type R with custom alpine box for that sub, and the Alpine MRD-M501, or 500? Looking at getting that system, thanks to the help of Alpine Guy.
oonikfraleyoo 
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 15, 2005 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  
The type R is still a nice sub. They haven't screwed it up, yet. I got a type x I'll sell ya though. hehe.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
doc t 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2005 at 5:16 PM / IP Logged  

I have the oppertunity to get an Eclipse DA7122, for around 400 bucks

would this be a good amp for two subs(12"  4ohm DVC's) not sure of the brand, my connection wants me to with the 12" DUB's I know they're made by Audiobahn but he can get them dirt cheap.....is that just cause there audioblahn?

any sugestions?

oonikfraleyoo 
Posted: February 17, 2005 at 11:45 PM / IP Logged  
doc t - "is that just cause there audioblahn?"
In a word, yes.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
doc t 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2005 at 5:47 AM / IP Logged  
what about the amp? on the web site the manual read that it puts out 2ohm load of 950wrms and is not stable to a 1ohm. Is that a true power output or can it put out more? i've seen posts of that amp putting out 2000w or are they smokin some funky s***. I want a good quality amp that has some juice to it, is this going to do it, will it out perform my current set up?
doc t 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 22, 2005 at 2:09 PM / IP Logged  
O.K. I've decided on the amp. the eclpse da7122 now just need two good SQ subs to go with it nothing over $150.  I'm on a budget

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic