the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

capasitor are useless and wasting money!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rickford 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2005 at 1:12 AM / IP Logged  

who agree with me wit the matter above? the price of the caps only can supply a little current that u want but with the same price u can get the bigger alternator and high ampere battery that can supply u more current and high ampere.

i only give 1 out of 5(just 4 the sympathy) to caps. i give 5 out of 5 to big alternator and battery.

rick engineering
godd dan it 
Copper - Posts: 446
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2005 at 2:43 AM / IP Logged  
Yeah I agree. Capacitors just store power and give it when its needed. High output alternators give you more power/current.
rickford 
Member - Posts: 15
Member spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2005 at 2:54 AM / IP Logged  
yup that right. the caps needed to recharge when the current are empty. maybe the caps can supply high current but not 4 a long time. it also the same. the current also drop. from the reality we can see the current from the caps are like the wave in the shore. sometimes times it big, sometimes it gone... he he he  
rick engineering
speedwayaudio1 
Silver - Posts: 879
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2005 at 6:29 AM / IP Logged  
caps are worth it ONLY if you have the high output alt to go with it.
Big Dave
Master Asylum 
Silver - Posts: 400
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2005 at 7:07 AM / IP Logged  

... Caps aren't really worth it then either. They are like bandaids, they stop the bleeding, until you have to put a new one on, and removing it hurts. Look at it that way when it discharges then recharges, it is a quick removal that is painful, then it auto puts one back over it. Yeah sure you go numb or get smart, but the cap won't wise up, it'll just wear the system down.

Bandaids=bad, get something worth while. If you got the $150/+ for the bandaid and don't care, have a blast, or better yet, send it to someone here that can need it. Or feed the homeless guy down the street. Just don't be stupid.

1998 Monte Carlo w/
Eclipse CD8454
2xRockford 5.25" Power 2-way T152C
2xRockford 6"x9" Punch 3-way FRC4369
1xMemphis 16-MCH1300 5-channel
2xKicker 12" L5 Solobaric-2 Ohm
oonikfraleyoo 
Gold - Posts: 1,069
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2005 at 11:44 AM / IP Logged  
Will adding a bigger bas tank give you more HP? No it will slow you down because of the extra weight.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
newtone 
Copper - Posts: 62
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2005 at 11:44 AM / IP Logged  
the best use we've found for 1 farad caps is to hook them up to the power inputs on a radio during spl contests.  solves the problem of the radio losing voltage during burps, which causes lower signal out to amp therefore less power produced by amp.  people used to look at us strange for having a cap on the radio not the amp, but they dont anymore.  other than for that one application i cant think of a single good use for a cap, except to maybe shock the crap of your buddy when he's not lookingcapasitor are useless and wasting money! -- posted image.
oonikfraleyoo 
Gold - Posts: 1,069
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2005 at 11:57 AM / IP Logged  
I was wondering just how dangerous a 1 farad cap is. If they really drain as quick as the manufacturer would have you beleave they could kill someone.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2005 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged  
Just that fact has me bloody scared.  Ever blow up a lil mf cap? they go pretty good, haha.  Imagin a 1 farad going in your face, ,or god forbid a 6 farad i had back in the day when i was dumb, half my truck would be gone.
2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
MBZ oe 
Silver - Posts: 385
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 17, 2005 at 12:43 PM / IP Logged  

What about the Alumapro "The Cap" series? Are they any good? I already use a 220amp alt and a Stinger SP1700 battery and I think my 5f cap wasn't doing crap. I think it was actually taking away when it couldn't recharge fast enough.  And I use 0ga throughout install including run from alternator.

I'd like to know what everyone thinks about the 15F Alumapro as I was thinking of adding into my new setup of USA2000 and 2 12" XXX subs. 

A.

boom, boom, boom boom....
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic