icon

2005 Chevrolet Blazer Stereo Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
reced98 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 01, 2005 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged  

I am attempting to install an alpine Line out to RCA convertor to a factory stereo.

Using the 2000 blazer stereo wiring diagram as a guide, i found the orange 12v constant, black ground however, instead of the listed Orange switched, grey illuminated, and brown dimmer, i found a green next to the orange, and 2 grey.  I assumed the 2 greys to be illumination and dimmer, and that left the green to be switched.   Would connecting both my amp trip and trip to the convertor cause any troubles?  Can anyone provide me with some assistance with the stereo wiring for a 2005 blazer?

thanks,

TErry.

thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2005 at 9:08 AM / IP Logged  
"Would connecting both my amp trip and trip to the convertor cause any troubles?"
I don't quite understand what you mean here.
DIRECTWIRE™ WIRING INFORMATION - CHEVROLET / BLAZER / 2005 / Audio
Radio 12v orange   +   radio harness
Radio Ground black   -   radio harness
Radio Ignition dk. green   +   radio harness
Radio Illumination gray (dimmer)   +   radio harness
Factory Amp Turn-on N/A       
Power Antenna N/A       
LF Speaker +/- tan - gray   +,- radio harness
RF Speaker +/- lt. green - dk. green   +,- radio harness
LR Speaker +/- brown - yellow   +,- radio harness
RR Speaker +/- dk. blue - lt. blue   +,- radio harness
Immobilizer Bypass Module: Required: Yes Type: Passlock 2 Part #: 457G, 555L, or 555T
Notes: The Passlock 2 wire colors are yellow, ORANGE / black, and RED / white (not used).

This wiring information is being provided free of charge on an "as is" basis, without any representation or warranty. It is your responsibility to verify any circuit before interfacing with it using a digital multimeter.
Directed electronics, Inc. assumes no responsibility with regards to the accuracy or currency of this information. Proper installation in every case is and remains the responsibility of the installer. DEI assumes no liability or responsibility resulting from improper installation, even in reliance upon this information.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.2005 Chevrolet Blazer Stereo Wiring -- posted image.
reced98 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: March 02, 2005 at 5:00 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the wiring info!  It is as I suspected it was, meaning I must have a bad connection somewhere.

What I meant by my question was the convertor requires a ground and a switched 12v source (trip) as does my amp, and would tapping both the convertor and the amp's trip (switched 12v) into the factory switched 12v source wire have any adverse affect.

Everything on the factory system is functioning, but my aftermarket amp is not.  I have power going to the Capacitor and then to the amp, but no sound from the subs.

Thanks,

Terry

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic