the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com - Free Technical Information for Mobile Electronics Installers, Enthusiasts, and Do-It-Yourselfers since 1999 Ohm's Law - It Rules!
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com - Free Technical Information for Mobile Electronics Installers
BasicsCar AudioCar SecurityCruise ControlsDiodesDoor LocksOhm's LawPassive CrossoversRelaysResistorsSubwoofer Enclosures Search
Application GuideCalculators, Charts, DiagramsDownloads/ManualsFind InstallersForumsGlossarySubwoofer WiringToolsVehicle Wiring Recent Topics
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
  the12volt.com spacer

the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
Diodes
Glossary of Terms
Ohm's Law
Relays
Resistors
Tools and Equipment
Wire Sizes
Introduction
Parallel & Series Calcs
Passive Crossovers
Port Length Calculators
Subwoofer Box Calculators
Subwoofer Enclosure Types
Subwoofer Wiring Wizard
Thiele - Small Parameters
Miscellaneous
Relay Diagrams
Vehicle Wiring Database
Introduction
Alarm Accessories
Alarm Modules
Alarm Sensors
Basic Connections
Illuminated Entry
Light Flash
Power Door Locks
Starter Interrupts
Installation Pictorials
Relay Diagrams
Vehicle Wiring Database
Introduction
Electrical Connections
Mechanical Connections
Servo Settings
VSS and Tach Info
Vehicle Wiring Databse
All Forums
Buy & Sell Equipment
Car Audio
Car Audio Hot Topics
Car Security & Convenience
Car Security Hot Topics
Car Security Pictorials
Cellular & Communications
Cruise Controls
Employment
Fiberglass & Fabrication
General Discussion
Lights, Neon, LEDs, HIDs
Marine Electronics
Miscellaneous
Mobile Video & Navigation
Motorcycle Electronics
Music, Favorite Songs
Relays
Rides & Systems Gallery
Vehicle Information
Recent Forum Topics
Forum Help & How To
Forum & Site Notices
Books & DVDs
Calculators
Charts
Diagrams
Downloads - Manuals
Find an Installer
Forums - Q&A
Glossary of Terms
Insurance for Car Stereos
Links
Mobile Tech News
Relay Diagrams
The Application Guide
Vehicle Wiring Database
About the12volt
Support Us
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer

the12volt.com spacer

the12volt's install bay
Mobile Electronics Forums

Welcome Guest :)
Display List of Forum MembersMember List  Forum SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Custom Search
the12volt`s installbay - Mobile Electronics Forums the12volt's install bay / Music, Favorite Songs, Movies, Videos, Test CD's

Subject Topic: Good songs for bass?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
the12volt's install bay
Author
Message  |     << Prev Topic  |  Next Topic >>
oonikfraleyoo
Gold
Gold
spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace

Posted: March 15, 2005 at 11:08 PM - IP Logged
Link to Post  Post Reply Quote oonikfraleyoo

Anything by the "Dirty Boys", "Duece Komradz" or "Small Tyme Ballas" That good 'ol, Gump Town, home grown, speaker poppin' Alabama rap.
Check it out.
Back to Top Search for other posts by oonikfraleyoo
Hi Guest
Not a member?
Register

Already a member?
Sign In  
kfr01
Gold
Gold
spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace

Posted: March 16, 2005 at 12:41 AM - IP Logged
Link to Post  Post Reply Quote kfr01

I bought a handful of new CD's for myself this weekend. They are all relatively bass heavy OR good songs for testing nice clean and balanced bass. Here are some quick reviews after at least one full listen each.

Arturo Sandoval - My Passion for the Piano
This one is my find of the weekend. Many of the jazz cd's I find today are overly processed and synthesised. This one reminds me of sitting in Blues Alley in Georgetown, sipping a gin & tonic, and being completely taken by the music and groove. Each of the five musicians just jams on his instrument and Arturo does a fantastic job on the piano; dancing that fine line between improvisation and moving each song's story along.

Ben Allison - Buzz
Another not-overly processed find, this one features the lead musician, Ben Allison, on the bass. Since the Bass is featured the engineering was obviously most centered on this instrument and the result is fantastic. Use this CD to help evaluate everything from your sub bass to mid bass to highs. This CD won't be fun if you have a one-note wonder sub bass system and poorly balanced midbass.

Medeski, Martin & Wood - End of the World Party
Think serious groove cd. This one is a little more processed, but is also bass heavy, featuring Medeski on keyboards, Martin on drums, and Wood on bass. Really a quite exciting cd and an excellent test to ensure that things don't get muddy when the pace is a little faster than the previous two cd's.

George Benson - Irreplaceable
This cd got a bit processed for me; too much like commercial R&B on a lot of the songs. Many of the songs felt like George wants some radio hits. Nice bass and some decent guitar grooves in parts, but probably my least favorite purchase of the weekend.

Jamie Cullum - Twentysomething
I've seen this dude on a couple of the late night shows and he really impressed me. The cover and title of the CD makes me think pop-junk, but this guy rocks. Liner notes confirm what listening instantly gives away - it was recored almost entirely live. It was also mixed almost entirely in the analog domain. The sound quality is excellent. The "live" excitement is excellent. Think back to Blues Alley again. He has a great mix of new songs and new interpretations of standards like "I Get a Kick Out of You" and "I Could Have Danced All Night."
spacespace

Posted: March 16, 2005 at 4:48 AM - IP Logged
Link to Post  Post Reply Quote invictuz

Track 1 from Baby Annes Mixtress CD

Track 11 from DJ Iceys For the Love of the Beat CD

Uberzone

But the deep hard bass...Lemon D and Dillinja...these guy wheel around a 3 semi truck bass cabinet for there shows...60 bass bins (15" and 18")

Back to Top Search for other posts by invictuz
uthinkuknoaudio
Silver
Silver
spacespace

Posted: March 16, 2005 at 4:06 PM - IP Logged
Link to Post  Post Reply Quote uthinkuknoaudio

I was driving home last night and i heard Set it Off (Old Juvenile song) and my teeth were rattling insane.

Silver
Silver

Posted: March 16, 2005 at 5:46 PM - IP Logged
Link to Post  Post Reply Quote ravenndude

------------- Non Rap --------------
HIM - close to the flame
Audioslave - Gasoline
Dimmu Borgir - Puritania
Incubus - Aqueous Transmission, Echo
Back to Top Search for other posts by ravenndude
stevdart
Platinum
Platinum
spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace

United States
Posted: March 16, 2005 at 6:47 PM - IP Logged
Link to Post  Post Reply Quote stevdart

I'm enjoying this thread...it gives me some targets to look for.  About all I hear now that isn't one of "my" CDs are the teenybopper pop hits that my 12 yr old daughter likes to listen to on the radio (blechh!).

kfr01:  I'm going to be looking for you someday in the audio trade magazines writing articles and doing reviews.  You should copy and keep some of the posts you've written on this forum for your portfolio.  (To hell with law!  heh heh)

Back to Top Search for other posts by stevdart
kfr01
Gold
Gold

Posted: March 16, 2005 at 9:57 PM - IP Logged
Link to Post  Post Reply Quote kfr01

stevdart:  thanks for the compliment - wouldn't articles and reviews be a fun job?  Maybe someday - sigh.  :-)

Silver
Silver
spacespace

Posted: March 16, 2005 at 10:34 PM - IP Logged
Link to Post  Post Reply Quote Poormanq45

Didn't read the whole thread, so don't know if this was suggested.

Magic Man: by Heart. Has an excellent deep bass line.
Back to Top Search for other posts by Poormanq45
Master Asylum
Silver
Silver
spacespace

Posted: March 17, 2005 at 8:06 AM - IP Logged
Link to Post  Post Reply Quote Master Asylum

Ok, I'd just like to clarify here for Raven. Country should have like, no bass. Atleast true country. Now if you are referring to country rock I can see, because that is some lame hybrid of the two that should have never been done. If a "true" country slips in a bass, it should be so incredibly subtle... If the song has enough bass to truly rumble(Assuming you don't have boosts or anything to help it along) then it is not country, it is hybrid and it should be shot, period. Ok I'm done. :) Sorry, just dislike the confusion between the two.

(I hate country, only 1 artist has ever gotten on my good side and that was because of lyrics, not anything else.)

2xRockford 6"x9" Punch 3-way FRC4369
1xMemphis 16-MCH1300 5-channel
2xKicker 12" L5 Solobaric-2 Ohm
Back to Top Search for other posts by Master Asylum
97Avalonxls
Copper
Copper
spacespace

Posted: March 17, 2005 at 11:34 AM - IP Logged
Link to Post  Post Reply Quote 97Avalonxls

gotta say something about the above post. I don't really like counrty/western music. that said, I chose to say country/western because it is a subgenre of a larger musical family. First and foremost, country music came from bluegrass, which came from jazz and classical music. to say that country music should not have bass is just wrong. the double bass (bass cello or upright bass if you prefer) and the tuba are both mainstays of bluegrass music as it doesn't have any drum or precussion (I intentionally didn't say rythym section as it certainly does have that) and those two instruments can easily play down to the 40 HZ range, the tuba, probobly lower. So while some counrty might be missing the low end, to say that country should not have bass is quite simply an incorrect statement. Perhaps there are other variations of country that you like and I simply am unfarmiliar with but I cannot comment on those...

kfr01: excellent reviews, I love that medeski album and will check out the Aurturo disc too.

my contributions: remastered reggae really pounds. I believe RCA rereleased their old marley albums in ADD and they really impress me particularly the album EXODUS. i also recommend victor wooten's album what did he say, very cool basslines on that disc

Back to Top Search for other posts by 97Avalonxls

the12volt`s installbay - Mobile Electronics Forums the12volt's install bay / Music, Favorite Songs, Movies, Videos, Test CD's
 | 
Page of 15
  Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version