icon

new Amp Install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jaredguy 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2005 at 6:44 PM / IP Logged  
let me explain fully where i am right now, power wire connected to battery. ground, grounded. remote wire runs to the deck. rca connections run to the deck. when i check for power, i get 12.5volts which is correct, but still the amp it self the light does not turn on , on either amp (both brand new). but the power is obviously there because it says it is. i tested the remote wire seprately as well, it is also fine. fuses are all in tact. so at this point im leaning towards it is something on the deck a button that i am unaware of that is not on, even though i have read the manual many times, and there is nothing i really havent tried. this is a mystery, a few buddies have also looked at it, it boggles there mind as well. but when i hook up the remote to the 12v the power for the amp will TURN ON. any ideas guys? any possible by passing ways or stuff like that , im really just stressed out withh this all lol. thanks
jaredguy 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2005 at 6:46 PM / IP Logged  
by the way i have sony r3300, that seems to be where problem probably lies within the deck of the option of turnin the sub pre out on and off. but i do have it selected. is there something else i dont know about?
supradude 
Silver - Posts: 915
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2005 at 7:08 PM / IP Logged  
Make sure you are connecting it to the correct wire. Yes, you can "bypass" by connecting the wire to a fuse and use a toggle switch to turn them on and off. There must be something you are overlooking though.
'85 Toy
geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 10, 2005 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  

Assuming you're getting 12v at the amp turn on, see if the remote wire will trigger a relay.  If it will wire it in to both turn on leads, and tell us if it solved the problem.  It doesn't seem likely a setting on the deck, because if you've got power through your remote lead, the amp should turn on, but it may not be providing enough current.

My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
jaredguy 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2005 at 7:43 PM / IP Logged  
well i just connected the remote to the power as well and now the amp does turn on so it is clear something with the deck, so my sub is working now the way it is i will have to rig up a switch for sure, but i was listenin for a few minutes and now my speakers arent on anymore after a few mins of playing all speakers stopped playing and the sub is still going,???
geepherder 
Posted: April 10, 2005 at 8:01 PM / IP Logged  

Yes, I do believe you have a problem with the deck, too.  Try another.

jaredguy 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2005 at 8:02 PM / IP Logged  

lol ya ill just throw in my extra deck that i have laying around!!

the deck is brand new

any one else have any ideas?

jaredguy 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 10, 2005 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  
still no sound from speakers anymore from the deck now only sub???? this is going to drive me insane.
geepherder 
Posted: April 10, 2005 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  

If it's brand new take it back, or put in the factory deck, using LOC's (you can even get them at Wal-Mart), and jump the turn on to the accessory lead.  I have not had good experiences with sony car audio in general.

Sound Pressure 
Silver - Posts: 711
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2005 at 1:11 AM / IP Logged  
You may have a burned out remote on the head unit. Hook the remote from the amp to your ignition wire(switched) and make sure that the amp turns on. Next is the amp only running the subs or your mids and highs. If it is running the mids and highs make sure that the speakers are connected to the amp and not the back of the head unit. If just the subs make sure that is a good connection.
Sound Pressure
You know you have the right amount of pressure when your eyes start to water! Now you've got Juice!
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic