Audiovox CCS-100 cruise control install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Mail2jps 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: April 23, 2005 at 10:49 PM / IP Logged  

ARGH!

Trying to install CCS100 on my 2005 Chevy Express van.  4.8l V8 automatic.

It works great up to about 55 and wont set any faster.

I am using the magnetic pickups and the WHITE wire at the ECM.

PPM set to 2000.  Sensetivity to Medium.  Only works when the TACH & VSS is ON.

Throttle linkage checks OK.  Just no engagement faster than 55.

Any suggestions?

And gracious thanks to Jeff for his assistance.

Thanks!

NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2005 at 10:06 AM / IP Logged  
Why are you using magnets instead of the VSS wire? I would hookup the vss wire and see if that works. Look for a large unused plug on the drivers fender/wheel well area (may or may not be there) that would be the OEM cruise plug and the GREEN / WHITE (4 pole setting) wire will be in there. Also is that a vacuum cruise? If so are you sure you have a good vacuum source?
Mike
Mail2jps 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2005 at 10:38 AM / IP Logged  

Yes this is the vacuum version. I am using the only vac source available.

I have tried many different DIP switch settings and few different cable configurations.

I can not engage the cruise over 55 MPH.  Anything below that works fine.

Thanks for all the help!

j

Mail2jps 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2005 at 10:40 AM / IP Logged  

OH AND...

I am using the WHITE wire in the ECM bundle for tach.  Is this the best source for the tach/coil signal?

NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2005 at 12:20 PM / IP Logged  
"I have an unsed plug with 10 wires; grey, blue, grey/black, purple, black, pink, blue, green, blue/black, GREEN / WHITE."
This is the unused OEM cruise plug. Certain aftermarket cruises would plug right into this plug, and then you'd just have to wire the handle in on the inside. Regardless tap into the GREEN / WHITE for your VSS signal and disconnect whatever you have going to your magnets. Set your unit to 4000 ppm and try it again.
The gray, blue, gray/black, would be your handle wires in your case don't worry about them.
Black is a ground, pink is an ignition power source.
White should be the cold side of the brake. Light blue should be the hot side of the brake.
"There is also a 2 wire plug in the same are with orange and black."
Don't worry about this.
"I am using the WHITE wire in the ECM bundle for tach. Is this the best source for the tach/coil signal?"
Tach on a cruise control is generally only used for overrev protection on 5 spd vehicles. You shouldn't need to hook this up on an automatic. May actually want to disconnect it and try it.
Mike
Mail2jps 
Member spacespace
Posted: April 24, 2005 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  

Many thanks to Mike 'NowYaKnow' and Jeff our moderator for knowledgeable assistance.

Your tech tips were right on the money.  My cruise control is working perfectly.

I would like to add the cruise control harness pinout info to the12volt database for 2005 Chevy Express van.

I drive an average of 1500 miles or more a week and life without cruise was harsh!  The Audiovox CCS-100 is a good deal for the $$... but only because of forums like this.  The instructions leave a lot to be desired!

js

NismaX 
Copper - Posts: 104
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 04, 2005 at 6:57 AM / IP Logged  
You are so right the instructions leave lots to the imagination. I put one of these units on my Honda Silverwing scooter. Talk about imagination. Unit works great but took a while to figure out what the red led was supposed to signify. But for the price it works well.
Jon

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic