the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Pimp my ride? bad rep

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Captanham 
Silver - Posts: 365
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2005 at 1:22 PM / IP Logged  

i'm thinkin,,,, NO, nothing they have done is hard!     pop corn machine in the dash, REALLLY ******* complicated,                         not,,, you put an invertor on it, build a little FG to hold it and your done

mike is no genious,, he's just doing things that haven't been done before, BECAUSE THEY NEVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE, it's all junk, if you know them so  well, tell them to start putting nice systems in these things, and put shhh in there that PEOPLE WILL USE, like tv's were you can actually see them,, like the spair tire thing,,, wtf, they put plexiglass to a tv under the car, i give that thing a month and it'll be soo ******* sandblasted that you couldn't see it, even if you did get down and lay on the ground to watch tv (sounds dumb to me),,

i don't mean for this to get heated,, but my opinion, this guy MIGHT know a lot about how to do stuff, i don't know,, but the things he does, are stupid, really really stupid, and i'd rather have a regular install, then going around looking like an idiot with an ironing board and dishwasher in the back of my yukon

Bad Boys Customs
    audio - video - security
If you use it. Suport it. Donate to the 12 volt!
5150azn 
Silver - Posts: 584
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2005 at 1:44 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah dude I honestly don't really care and I'm not taking any offense to anything so it's all good. This is a good topic.
But I think these guys want the car to be more show than a regular beater thats how you end up with (admitingly)useless crap.
Tell the Snap-On guy I'm not here!
speedwayaudio1 
Silver - Posts: 879
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2005 at 2:26 PM / IP Logged  
wwc puts all that dumb *** **** in those cars is because mtv wants them too. If you were to go to there shop for some custom work, I'm sure they would not install a washer and dryer/ toaster oven combo.
Big Dave
speedwayaudio1 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2005 at 2:32 PM / IP Logged  
oh yeah. MTV is paying them to do this ****, so they do this stupid stuff. If MTV asked me to install a soda machine and a microwave. I would be happy to. you can't get any better advertisment then to be on mtv. And I bet there checks don't bounce.
Big Dave
5150azn 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2005 at 2:44 PM / IP Logged  
lol suprisingly they do bounce
speedwayaudio1 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2005 at 2:48 PM / IP Logged  
5150azn wrote:
did you get a bad check from mtv?
Big Dave
Drewt 
Copper - Posts: 183
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2005 at 5:48 PM / IP Logged  
how about this. if you don't like the show and think it's crap, don't watch it.
Yes, some of the things they do are really dumb, but i do like some of them. But the audio seutps in them are dissapointing...
-Drew
5150azn 
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2005 at 6:13 PM / IP Logged  
speedwayaudio1 wrote:
5150azn wrote:
did you get a bad check from mtv?
Oh no sorry I miss read your post. I'd like to get paid by MTV too.
Benji999 
Copper - Posts: 81
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2005 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  
I can understand why they do all this, I would too if MTV was paying me out the *** to install a pinball machine in the back seat of someone's '86 volvo. I just can't stand all this Audiobahn stuff that seems to be flooding the streets. No joke, where I live there is 1 shop that sells quality stuff everything else is audiobahn, or one of they're affiliates. I think that aspect of the show misleads people as to what quality stereo products are.
Captanham 
Silver - Posts: 365
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2005 at 8:43 PM / IP Logged  
see, that's my big problem with the show, a lot of the stuff they do, while i think it's dumb, i don't care about,, because if someone's into that, or they want it, then whatever... BUT, the systems usually really suck, and they only do things that you can see from far away... if they did a better job on some of the comon stuff, like a good system, and maybe did some motor work, they would have a better show, pinball machines and all
Bad Boys Customs
    audio - video - security
If you use it. Suport it. Donate to the 12 volt!
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic