icon

2002 Dakota wire color factory stereo

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
02_dodge_dakota 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2005 at 11:23 PM / IP Logged  

I'm somewhat new at this, at least for this vehicle. I recently removed my amp and subs from my 1989 Jeep Cherokee to be installed into my 2002 Dodge Dakota SXT truck. When this stuff was installed in the Cherokee it was hooked to a Alpine CDA-7893 head unit and now I'm trying to hook it to the factory stereo in the Dodge. I have 2-12" MTX subs in a ported box and a Rockford Fosgate amp model # 3001. I need to know what the color (s) of the wires are and where they go (eg: acc, battery, etc.) I have it hooked up in the dodge right now, but when I have the truck running the amp is on and when I turn the stereo off there is a humming coming throught the subs. Between the stereo and the amp I have installed a L.O.C. which is needed for the amp to be hooked up to RCA's. I think I have hooked the amp power on wire to the wrong one behind the stereo (White wire w/red stripe). Can anyone help me with this problem. Maybe even point me in the direction of a wiring diagram for this inparticular vehicle's factory stereo color codes, etc.

Thanks a bunch.

Chad7n7 
Silver - Posts: 408
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 09, 2005 at 2:08 PM / IP Logged  
Here is the wiring diagram for your truck.
02_dodge_dakota 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: May 10, 2005 at 6:53 AM / IP Logged  
Chad, sorry to say but that isn't the wiring harness that is attached to my factory stereo. There are alot more wires on the back. But thanks anyways.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic