Phoenix Digital PD-175 alarm, 2000 F150

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jeff4760 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2005 at 2:01 PM / IP Logged  
To any who might be able to help,
I am embarrassed to say it, but I have a Phoenix Digital PD-175 model car alarm. I have had the thing for well over half a year. It stayed in my closet for a while because I didn't have the money for an install at the time I bought it. I wanted to self install now this summer , and bought the 12volt cd (which it and the cd are really helpful). I checked a forum on this product and it was nothing but bad news. I really think I bought it at the time because of the stupid remotes, which aren't that exciting in person-equally embarassing.
You guys at 12volt don't even have a manual for it in your manuals section. To me that means bad news.
I drive a 2000 F150 w/ a manual tranmission, no power door locks, and no power windows. I would though, like to install both of those at a later time. I love my truck and want to keep it for as long as I can. I want a good alarm for it too, but I don't know it this thing will be right in the long run. Something about the window wires don't work right with it, and it has no tach connection.
Does anyone have any information that would be helpful for an install? The install manual that came with the alarm is horrible. I am extremely unexperienced in alarm install but I learn fast and overstudy to make sure I get everthing right. If there is a possibility this alarm will work well for a semi-long period of time than I will use it and put up with the silly remotes. If not, then I would appreciate some direction towards a better alarm that isn't too hard for a novice with average electrical skills to install ( I have the 12volt resources now after all)
The options I would like are
* a good long range (which this thing boasts)
* motion sensor (PD-175 does not have/would add later)
* touch sensitivity range/ door opening
* door locks and windows (for later)
* remote start for manual tranmission (don't know if PD-175 is capable)
* basically a good reliable alarm w/ above options
I hope maybe I can get by with what I've got.
Thanks for any help,
Jeff
jeff4760 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2005 at 10:55 AM / IP Logged  
I have my alarm installed by a professional and it works fine, but all damn night it goes off saying that something is knocking the shock sensors. It is on low sensitivity and it still does it. I went outside and disarmed it at one point, opened the doors, shut the doors, rearmed it, then turned around and it went off again...over and over. There were no sounds and nobody was near it. It has been doing it when it is real humid outside, in the early hours of the morning. Could that be what is up with my alarm or is the brain malfunctioning? It never does this during the day.
I drive a Ford F150 2000 model; the alarm is a Phoenix Digital PD-175
Thanks,
Jeff
Aaron
thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 08, 2005 at 12:01 PM / IP Logged  
Check your hood pin if you have one and make sure it function properly. Try removing the shock sensor if you supect it's the shock sensor. If the false alarm stop simply replace it with another shock sensor. If the false alarm continue after you have remove the shock sensor. I will look carefully into all your trigger pin. Check the grounding and voltage on the alarm unit.   If they are all working then the issue is with the brain itself. Replacement is probably the only option remaining.    
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.Phoenix Digital PD-175 alarm, 2000 F150 -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic