icon

2001 Volvo S40 1.9L 4T Any info at all!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Theshadow27 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2005 at 9:19 PM / IP Logged  
Hello, I have a 2001 S40 coming here and I would appreciate any information that anyone may have. I have the Volvo repair manual, but it is dreadfully uninformative.
First off - the VGLA (alarm system computer) connects to the remote receiver (#4/40) with three pins: (1)BN, (2)GR-R, and (3)BL-P (which is Brown, Green-Red, and Blue-Pink). there is also a constant power (5)R and ground (4)SB. If someone could tell me what the 3 data pins do, if they are multiplexed, ect... i would be most gratfull. i am thinking about digging around with a DMM, but im only going to have the car for 12 hours so i have to make every hour count.
second - it has a 5 speed electronically controlled automatic transmission. it connects with the engine control computer over 24 conductors in 5 connectors, and that is as far as the manual goes. there are no symbols, no explanation, nothing. i would appreciate ANY info on the protocol used here; the end result is hopefully some sort of shift control/paddle shifter arrangement. if i can't find any info on this i am going to give it up, but if i can get some that would be great.
third - where do you guys get detailed information on Volvo? the factory manual is O.K., but it is only meant to fix what is there and not install new stuff, and it could be 100x more informative.
thanks any and all, Jacob
thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2005 at 8:39 AM / IP Logged  
I don't know if this is useful for you, but that's all I have.
DIRECTWIRE™ WIRING INFORMATION - VOLVO / S40 / 2001 / Remote Start
12volts white   +   ignition harness
Starter green   +   ignition harness
Second Starter N/A       
Ignition blue/pink   +   ignition harness
Second Ignition N/A       
Third Ignition N/A       
Accessory blue/black   +   ignition harness
Second Accessory blue   +   ignition harness
Keysense blue/black   +   ignition harness or VGLA, pin B10
Notes: The VGLA (control module for locks and alarm) is located behind the front center console.
Power Lock BROWN / gray or BROWN / green   -   VGLA, pin A16
Notes: The VGLA (control module for locks and alarm) is located behind the front center console.
Power Unlock yellow/gray (double pulse)   -   VGLA, pin A18
Lock Motor gray/white   5wi VGLA, pin B2
Unlock Motor GREEN/ gray   5wi VGLA, pin A15
Parking Lights+ blue/pink   +   headlight switch
Parking Lights- N/A       
Hazards same as turn signal wires       
Turn Signal(L) brown or GREEN/ black   +   steering column or VGLA, pin A12
Turn Signal(R) BROWN / black or yellow/brown   +   steering column or VGLA, pin A13
Reverse Light PURPLE / white or BROWN / orange   +   driver kick, harness to rear
Door Trigger see notes   -   VGLA
Notes: The LF door trigger is green in pin A23. The RF door is GREEN/ orange in pin B5. The LR door is GREEN/ red in pin B6. The RR door is blue / YELLOW in pin B7. Use all four wires and diode isolate each.
The VGLA (control module for locks and alarm) is located behind the front center console.
Dome Supervision yellow/brown   -   VGLA, pin A24
Trunk/Hatch Pin blue/brown   -   VGLA, pin A19
Hood Pin yellow/black      VGLA, pin A3
Notes: The hood pin wire is grounded when the hood is closed and neutral with the hood open. Use Directed part number 502T to create a trigger.
The VGLA (control module for locks and alarm) is located behind the front center console.
Trunk/Hatch Release GREEN/ gray   5wi VGLA, pin B22
Notes: This will just unlock the trunk/tailgate.
Power Sliding Door N/A       
Factory Alarm Arm arms with lock       
Factory Alarm Disarm disarms with unlock       
Disarm No Unlock          
Tachometer pink   ac   instrument cluster or EMS
Notes: Gasoline models, the tach wire is in pin 70 at the EMS (Engine Management System) located behind the front center console. Can also use NOT red at any ignition coil or fuel injector.
Diesel models, the tach wire is in conn. 1, pin D4 at the diesel EMS located between the passenger fender and the engine.
Wait to start gray   -   instrument cluster or EMS
Notes: The wait to start wire is in conn. 1, pin G1 at the diesel EMS located between the passenger fender and the engine.
Brake Wire pink/black   +   brake pedal switch
Parking Brake GREEN / WHITE   -   parking brake switch
Horn Trigger GREEN/ black   -   steering column
Memory Seat 1 N/A       
Memory Seat 2 N/A       
Memory Seat 3 N/A       
Interface Module: Category:
Immobilizer Bypass Required:
Yes Type:
Transponder
Part #: 556UW
Alternate Part1 #: 555U
Notes:

This wiring information is being provided free of charge on an "as is" basis, without any representation or warranty. It is your responsibility to verify any circuit before interfacing with it using a digital multimeter.
Directed electronics, Inc. assumes no responsibility with regards to the accuracy or currency of this information. Proper installation in every case is and remains the responsibility of the installer. DEI assumes no liability or responsibility resulting from improper installation, even in reliance upon this information.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.2001 Volvo S40 1.9L 4T Any info at all! -- posted image.
Theshadow27 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2005 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  

thanks thepencil - i greatly appreciate your help. your information unfortunately directs to tap in at the outputs(understandably), not at the module to module communication lines like i need to. i would just use the lock/unlock outputs, except that they will not activate at the same time, unlike (hopefully) the direct wires out of the receiver. my idea was to get away with remote start without a new remote

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic