icon

speed wire for 2005 dodge durango

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sportnut99 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2005 at 12:37 PM / IP Logged  

First of all thanks in advance for any assistance I may get.

As the topic states, I have a 2005 Durango in which I need to locate the speed wire to connect my radio to.  I recently purchased the Eclipse AVN 5435 and had it installed in the Durango.  The installer could not locate the speedwire or didn't know which was the actual color. 

Additionally, the GPS system does not provide the details between point A and point B (left turn ahead, approaching off ramp, etc.).  It only tells me that I have arrived at my destination.  I believe that the speedwire might have something to do with this. 

thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2005 at 1:38 PM / IP Logged  
That's correct the speedwire is requires. I hope the infomation below is of use to you.
VSS Wire: AUTOMATIC TRANS. LOCATION 11 (11. Passenger’s side fender well - between engine bulkhead & shock tower.) 4 CONN0ECTOR ECM- RIGHT GREEN CONNECTOR POSITION 32, MANUAL TRANS. 3 CONNECTOR ECM POSITION 13
VSS Wire Color: AUTOMATIC LT. GREEN / WHITE or GREEN/ BROWN, MANUAL WHITE/ ORANGE or GREEN/ YELLOW
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.speed wire for 2005 dodge durango -- posted image.
sportnut99 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2005 at 3:24 PM / IP Logged  

Thanks Thepencil for your response, I will provide that info to the audio installer.   Hopefully this will resolve the issue. 

I also received an e-mail from the Eclipse Technical support who stated that the speed sensor does need to be connected for the door to door directions.  However they did not have the info which you provided regarding the location and wire color. 

Many thanks. 

thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 06, 2005 at 4:42 PM / IP Logged  
You are welcome.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.speed wire for 2005 dodge durango -- posted image.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic